Regional Affairs Council — April 2012
The regional oil refining industry is on death’s door. Bad news? Or good riddance?
KYW’s David Madden has this special four-part insider’s look.
What has brought the region to this stage, where two major oil refineries have been shut down and a third could join them in a couple of months?
If, like most people, you’re worried about gasoline prices, you might.
The tiny town of Marcus Hook, Pa. depended heavily on earned income taxes from the Sunoco plant, now closed. Its local economy is in trouble.
So, with a half-billion-dollar potential hit to the regional economy looming in just three months, what does the future hold for the Delaware Valley’s three local refineries? Sunoco CEO Brian MacDonald isn’t sure.
- CBS News Reporter Sharyl Attkisson Says Her Computers May Have Been Tampered With
- Lehigh County Couple Charged In Theft Of $854K From Township
- La Salle University's President To Step Down In May 2014
- Philadelphia Author Wins National Science Fiction Writing Award
- Man Injured After Box Of Ammunition Explodes In Delaware
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...