The nomination period for KYW Newsradio’s 5th Annual Women’s Achievement Awards is now closed. Four women have been selected by a panel of regional business leaders to receive the honor at the annual Women’s Achievement Awards ceremony that culminates at the end of June and a fifth deserving woman was voted on by the public.
And the WINNERS are …
- Dr. Beth Baughman Dupree, Breast Cancer Surgeon and Integrative Medicine Physician, Founder of The Healing Consciousness Foundation: LISTEN
- Wendy Hamilton, General Manager of SugarHouse Casino: LISTEN
- Michele Lawrence, Area President and Senior Vice President, Philadelphia Retail Market of Wells Fargo: LISTEN
- Joanna Otero-Cruz, Executive Director, Concilio: LISTEN
- Barbara G. Shaiman, Founder, Champions of Caring: LISTEN
About the Women’s Achievement Awards: This annual program was developed to honor the many contributions and accomplishments of women, and to highlight the strategies and experiences that help women advance their careers, businesses and lives. During the nomination process, women were recommended by their peers in the community. A panel of regional business leaders selected four of the women nominated, the fifth is to be chosen during a voting process. The women will be honored at the annual Women’s Achievement Awards ceremony that culminates at the end of June. Leading up to the event, these five women’s stories about their achievements are featured on the air and online.
Participating event Guest Speakers are successful women who are recognized by the community for making positive contributions to society. They are respected among their peers, and are exemplary role models for the youth of the community. In recent years we have had the pleasure of hosting guest speakers; Ann Compton, ABC News, Jill Schlesinger, CBS News and Former District Attorney, Lynne Abraham. Cherri Gregg, KYW Newsradio Community Affairs Reporter, is the emcee for the event.
This program is proud to benefit Career Wardrobe, a nonprofit organization that provides a unique and essential service to help women of all walks of life achieve in our community. Career Wardrobe helps women transition to employment by providing them with free professional clothing and the essential accessory that goes with every outfit: self-confidence. All in attendance are being asked to bring an accessory to donate.
The Women’s Achievement Awards are sponsored by Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa, The Gift of Life Donor Program, Medifast, First Priority Bank and Drexel Close School of Entrepreneurship.
Previous Women’s Achievement Awards Winners:
- Elsa Candelario, MSW, LCSW, Executive Director of the Hispanic Family Center of Southern New Jersey, Inc. (HFC)
- Lynne Z. Gold-Bikin, Esquire, Senior Partner in Weber Gallagher’s Family Law Practice Group
- Sister Eileen Marnien, SSJ, Director of the Sisters of Saint Joseph Welcome Center
- Lori O’Leary, MBA, Executive Director of MusicWorks
- Shelley Schwartz, Founder, Foundation for Breast & Prostate Health
- Patricia Coulter, CEO and President of The Urban League of Philadelphia
- Jane Golden, Executive Director, City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program
- Sarah Martinez-Helfman, Executive Director of the Eagles Youth Partnership
- Jennifer Leary, Philadelphia Firefighter and Founder of Red Paw
- Marion Leary- Founder of Sink or Swim Philadelphia.
- Flora Rivera, Executive Director of Mi Casita Child Development Center in Camden, NJ
- Tyra Bryant-Stephens, MD, Founder, The Community Asthma Prevention Program
- Chris Kirchner, Executive Director, Philadelphia Children’s Alliance
- Judith M. Persichilli, R.N., President and CEO, Catholic Health East
- Liz Scott, Co-Founder and Vice President of Outreach Communications, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer
- Leslie Stiles, Former Executive Director, PA Commission for Women; President of the PA Conference for Women
- Kathy Bellwoar, founder of PPT IT & Management Consulting
- Rosemary Caligiuri, founder and president of Harvest Group Financial
- Carol Fixman, Executive Director, Philadelphia Education Fund
- Debra Fogel, Founder and President of Expert Parking of Philadelphia
- Jayne Garrison, Executive Member of the Board of Trustees for Pennsylvania Institute of Technology