NOW LIVE: Eyewitness News: Watch Live Stream
Health Topic Center
Title CBS Philadelphia Health News
- U.S. Warns Against Travel To Countries Hit By Ebola The travel advisory issued Thursday applies to non-essential travel to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
- Pa. Will Allow Some Junk Food at School Bake Sales, Not So NJ or Del. A new federal law allows individual states to set their own number of fundraiser exemptions for junk food sold in schools. Pennsylvania and a handful of other states have done so.
- Local Bay Beach Closed Due To High Levels Of Bacteria Found In The Water State officials say the ocean failed a water-quality test. They found high levels of bacteria in the water, after the test taken on Tuesday.
- The Ebola Outbreak: What Every American Needs To Know The recent outbreak of the Ebola virus in Africa has begun attracting attention in the U.S. for good reason.
- Health: Hidden Swimming Danger Cooling off in the summer heat has many headed to the shore or a pool, but doctors say there's a hidden danger that can be life threatening. 3 On Your Side Health Reporter Stephanie Stahl explains what can happen.
- Ebola Outbreak Prompts Peace Corps To Remove Volunteers From Some Countries In Africa The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is the largest ever, but the risk of it spreading to the United States is very low.
- At Least 13 Residents Exposed To Kitten With Rabies In Medford Township According to the Burlington County Health Department, at least three cats, one dog and 13 people have been exposed to a kitten with rabies in Medford Township.
- Health: Zapping Away Side Effects of Breast Cancer Treatment New help for breast cancer patients struggling with difficult side effects caused by drugs taken to prevent a recurrence.
- And The 2014 Unhealthiest Restaurant Items In America Are... Spoiler alert: The Cheesecake Factory serves three of the nine 'winners.'
- Kevin Sabett: ‘It’s Ironic That We’re Pushing Against Smoking So Hard, Yet We’re Ready To Give Marijuana A Free Pass’ Chris Stigall talked with Kevin Sabet, the author of Reefer Sanity about the recent push to legalize marijuana.