Health Topic Center
Title CBS Philadelphia Health News
- Study: Keeping Experienced Nurses is Key To Better Hospitalizations It's no surprise that more experienced and better-educated nurses would give better care and result in shorter hospital stays, according to Patricia Eakin, a registered nurse and president of PASNAP, a Pennsylvania union for registered nurses and...
- Study: No Link Between Inducing Labor And Risk Of Autism A new study says there is no link between autism and the use of Oxytocin during induced labor.
- Urgent Care Centers A New Trend In How Health Care Is Delivered In Philadelphia Region During the past couple of years, the Philadelphia region has seen a dramatic increase in the number of urgent care facilities popping up in neighborhoods.
- Delaware Blood Bank Says It's Running Low On 1 Type The Blood Bank of Delmarva, which supplies blood to 16 area hospitals, says its running low on Type O-negative blood.
- Health: New Surf-centric Workout Spring has arrived, and it’s time for many to get in shape for the summer. There’s a new kind of workout that feels like you’re in the ocean – but you’re not.
- Doctor Discusses Possible Reasons For Steady Rise In Food Allergies In America Food allergies among children have doubled in the past 17 years, and there's no indication it's going to get better any time soon.
- Study: Even Casual Pot-smoking Linked To Brain Abnormalities Think lighting up a joint every now and then is harmless? New research out of Northwestern University and Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School appears to dispute that belief.
- Doctors At Mercy Fitzgerald Find New Way To Help ICU Patients Doctors at a hospital in Darby have found a way to reduce the incidence of a well known problem for intensive care patients.
- Health Care Reform Unfinished, Part 2: The Family Doctor: A Practice Model On Life Support? One of the Affordable Care Act's goals that is falling short is support for primary care doctors.
- Wills Eye Hospital Begins Performing Newly-Approved Surgery For Macular Degeneration History was made inside the Operating Room at Wills Eye Hospital. A new procedure may provide promise to scores of folks who suffer from age-related macular degeneration.