Health Topic Center
Title CBS Philadelphia Health News
- Health: Temple University Researchers Successfully Eliminate HIV Virus In Human Cells A scientific first from Philadelphia, that could pave the way toward curing HIV. 3 On Your Side Health Reporter Stephanie Stahl has more on the breakthrough.
- School Safety Tips For Younger Kids School is back in session, so take some time to go over these important safety tips with your children. This is just the beginning of the conversation, but it's a great place to get started.
- Time-Saving Tips For Healthy School Lunches With creative planning and the right containers, packing a quick and healthy lunch can be as easy as ABC and 123!
- Local Doctor Says Heart Failure Patients Could Benefit From Added Supplement Millions of heart failure patients could benefit by adding a well-known supplement to the treatment.
- Local Medical Community Mourns Loss of AIDS Specialists Aboard Downed Jetliner Among them was Dr. Joep Lange (photo), a Dutch doctor who was the former president of the International AIDS Society.
- Study: Is Owning A Dog The Secret To Feeling Younger? According to new research out of Scotland, dog owners over 65 acted 10 years younger than their peers without pups.
- Philly Summer Recreation Program Invites First Lady Michelle Obama The children have put together a video inviting the first lady to the program's big finish on August 13th, at Vogt Recreation Center.
- Study: Friends Actually Are Family (Sort Of) You might have even more in common with your friends than you think. In fact, you probably share some of the same genes.
- Health: Documentary "Alive Inside" Premieres In Philadelphia; Shows The Power Of Music For Those With Dementia Music, some believe it's healing power may be able to help millions of Americans battling mind robbing diseases like Alzheimer's. That's the focus of a new documentary premiering tonight here in Philadelphia. 3 On Your Side Health Reporter...
- A Day at a Philadelphia Museum For Kids Who Really Need Some Fun A few dozen children were taking a break from their struggles with life-threatening diseases to enjoy a much-needed day out at the Independence Seaport Museum.