KYW Regional Affairs Council
Latest Philly KYW Regional Affairs Council
Approximately 10,000 Philadelphia residents are living in flood zones. And that number is only within the city limits.
When a storm hits, governments and utility companies often find their preparations insufficient.
A major storm could cause a business to close its doors for good. But even those able to recover may suffer.
Lessons learned from past storms have resulted in stricter building codes and other requirements on the federal, state, and local levels.
The Educational Improvement Tax Credit is promoted as a way to provide a better education for poor children, but public education advocates say it actually takes away tax money that could be used to improve schools.
Expanding the program at a time when the state has slashed public school funding is infuriating public education advocates.
- Part 3: Who Benefits From It? 2012/11/08
- Part 4: Ongoing Controversies 2012/11/08
- Part 1: Back From The Brink 2012/10/04
- Part 2: Voice For The Victims 2012/10/04
- Part 3: Getting Tough on Violence 2012/10/04
- Part 4: More Than Toughness 2012/10/04
- Part 1: Back-to-School Scrimping 2012/09/06
- Part 2: Living at Home, Commuting to School 2012/09/06
- Part 3: Picking A Budget School 2012/09/06
- Judge Orders Jury To Resume Deliberations In Abortion Doctor Trial (8)
- Fitness Journalist Says People Listening To Old News, Bad Science Before Dieting (7)
- Dr. Kermit Gosnell Found Guilty On Three Counts Of First-degree Murder (7)
- Last-Minute Fortune Seekers Buy Powerball Tickets (7)
- Internet Celebrity Sought In New Jersey Murder, Arrested In Philadelphia (6)
- Survivor Remembers Bombing Of Philadelphia Headquarters (5)
- Larry Brown: Advanced Analytics ‘Don’t Work’ In Basketball (5)
- Blog: 31,000 Vehicles in Sandy Flood Database
- The Open
- BLOG: “Thwack”
- Blog: Domino’s And Dollar General Hiring
- Blog: Spirit Airlines To Give Away 25 Million Frequent Flyer Miles
- Blog: CLARIFI Hosts FREE Women & Finance Event
- Blog: Mother’s Day Freebies
- Blog: Stamp Out Hunger This Saturday
- Blog: The Week in Review
- Lesley’s Last Word: Breaking Down The Bird’s Draft