Police: Boy, 5, Found Not Breathing In Snow After Being Choked By Dog With Scarf

WARRINGTON, Pa. (CBS) — A 5-year-old boy was was found unresponsive in the snow Wednesday afternoon after the family dog accidentally choked him with his own scarf.

Warrington Township police say they were called to the 1900 block of Palomino Drive in the township’s Palomino Farms development around 4:30 p.m.

Police say the boy was playing outside with the family dog — a 1-year-old hound mix — when the child’s mother saw the boy lying face down in the snow while the dog was pulling and tugging at the scarf.

The child’s mother untied the scarf and carried her young son back into the house, where she called 911.

Police, fire and EMS responded immediately and the first arriving officer administered CPR to the child.

He was transported to Doylestown Hospital and later transferred to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, authorities said.

Police called the incident a “tragic accident.”

The child will be under heavy sedation for the next several days.

Comments

One Comment

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Philly

CBS3 Country Countdown Ticket Contest
Getaway Guide To Senior Discounts

Listen Live