NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A former cast member of MTV’s reality show “Jersey Shore” is due back in court to face federal tax charges.
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and his brother, Marc, face an arraignment Thursday in Newark.
They were charged last month with filing bogus tax returns and inflating business expenses to avoid paying taxes on nearly $9 million in income over a three-year period. They have pleaded not guilty.
Sorrentino was initially scheduled for arraignment two weeks ago but was given an extension because he was filming another reality show in Los Angeles.
Sorrentino’s attorney told the court he and his fiancee were scheduled to appear on the show “Marriage Boot Camp.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Police: Woman Injured In Drive-By Shooting Was Not The Intended Target
- Florida Shooting Victim Coping With Tragedy Through Poem
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Issues New Congressional Map
- Philly Police Searching For Teen Who Tried To Enter School With Gun
- Study: Gender Differences In Heart Failure Treatment