NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A former cast member of MTV’s reality show “Jersey Shore” is due back in court to face federal tax charges.
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and his brother, Marc, face an arraignment Thursday in Newark.
They were charged last month with filing bogus tax returns and inflating business expenses to avoid paying taxes on nearly $9 million in income over a three-year period. They have pleaded not guilty.
Sorrentino was initially scheduled for arraignment two weeks ago but was given an extension because he was filming another reality show in Los Angeles.
Sorrentino’s attorney told the court he and his fiancee were scheduled to appear on the show “Marriage Boot Camp.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town On SEPTA’s 27th Annual ‘Santa Express’
- Manna Delivers More Than 3,000 Thanksgiving Meals To Those Battling Life-Threatening Illnesses
- Macy’s Parade Begins With Balloons, Bands And Security
- Hundreds Drop Off Turkeys To Be Cooked At South Philly’s Cacia’s Bakery
- Firefighters Battle Flames At Row Home In Brewerytown