By Steve Beck
LOWER TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — A New Jersey man was arrested after police say he shot down a neighbor’s remote control drone.
According to investigators, officers with the Lower Township Police Department were called to a home in the 1000 block of Seashore Road on September 26th to investigate the report by a resident that his remote control helicopter (drone) was shot down.
Investigators say the resident was taking aerial photographs of his friend’s home, which is under construction.
While doing so, the resident told police he heard several gunshots as he simultaneously lost control of the drone.
After retrieving the drone, the resident observed multiple holes in it that were consistent with a shotgun blast.
The resident called the Lower Township Police Department and when officers arrived, he directed them to the area where he heard the shots coming from.
After an investigation, police say they determined 32-year-old Russell J. Percenti allegedly fired the shots that brought down the drone.
Percenti was arrested and charged with Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose and Criminal Mischief.
The shotgun used to shoot down the drone was seized by police.
Percenti was released after posting bail.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Principal Forces Students To Run Outside In Cold Weather For Wearing Wrong Uniform, Report Says
- Election Fraud Task Force Launches Investigation Into Special Election In 197th District
- Teen Saves Choking Friend’s Life During Lunch At School
- Longtime Youth Hockey Coach Charged With Sexual Abuse Of Players
- NJ TRANSIT Suspends Service At New York’s Penn Station Following Amtrak Train Derailment