Suspects Fire Shots At Police During Wilmington Pursuit
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) – Police say two suspects they were pursuing in Wilmington Wednesday fired shots at them.
The two officers were reportedly patrolling the area of 11th and Spruce Streets around 11:45 p.m. when they saw a vehicle crash.
The operator refused to stop at the scene when signaled to do so, and at that point, a vehicle pursuit began.
During the pursuit, the front seat passenger reportedly reached out and fired shots at the officers before tossing his handgun out the window.
The pursuit continued until the suspects struck a tree near E. 7th Street. Both suspects fled but were arrested hiding in tall grass near the river.
Twenty-one-year-old Kenyetta Jackson is facing numerous charges, including possession of a firearm by a person prohibited and resisting arrest.
Shawn Mitchell, 21, was charge with disregarding a police officer’s signal and resisting arrest in addition to other charges.
A .45 caliber handgun was recovered.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- One Injured After Tractor Trailer Slams Into Tanker Truck In Gloucester County
- Philadelphia Flower Show Opens Door To Spring, Celebrates Movies
- Philadelphia City Council Moves To Eliminate Permit Fees For Child Daycare Centers
- Dogs With Chronic Gastrointestinal Problems Needed For New Penn Vet Clinical Trial
- Facebook Introduces New Feature To Help Prevent Suicide