HARRINGTON, Del. (CBS) – Police have arrested a Maryland man for allegedly leaving his baby in a car while he gambled at a Delaware casino.
On Monday, troopers responded to the Harrington Raceway and Casino on West Rider Road after a call came in about a child left unattended in a parked car outside the casino. The engine was still running and the car was parked in a handicapped spot.
Police were able to gain access to the car and removed the 14-month-old female from the vehicle. The child did not appear to be in distress or need medical attention.
The owner of the vehicle, 26-year-old Justin K. Middleton, was arrested and initially denied leaving the baby inside the car. Eventually, however, he admitted to leaving his daughter unattended while gambling.
Middleton was charged with Reckless Endangering 1st, Unattended Motor Vehicle, and Parking in a Handicapped Space.
A no-contact order was also issued with his daughter, who was turned over to a relative until her mother could arrive to take custody.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Ohio Zoo Closes Gorilla Exhibit For Now After Boy Falls In
- Python Bites Thai Man’s Penis In Terrifying Toilet Encounter
- Study: Six Hour Workdays Make Workers Happier, More Efficient
- Researchers: Some Pains Can Be Caused By “Dormant Butt Syndrome”
- Born In ’97, World’s First Surviving Septuplets Graduate High School