HARRINGTON, Del. (CBS) – Police have arrested a Maryland man for allegedly leaving his baby in a car while he gambled at a Delaware casino.
On Monday, troopers responded to the Harrington Raceway and Casino on West Rider Road after a call came in about a child left unattended in a parked car outside the casino. The engine was still running and the car was parked in a handicapped spot.
Police were able to gain access to the car and removed the 14-month-old female from the vehicle. The child did not appear to be in distress or need medical attention.
The owner of the vehicle, 26-year-old Justin K. Middleton, was arrested and initially denied leaving the baby inside the car. Eventually, however, he admitted to leaving his daughter unattended while gambling.
Middleton was charged with Reckless Endangering 1st, Unattended Motor Vehicle, and Parking in a Handicapped Space.
A no-contact order was also issued with his daughter, who was turned over to a relative until her mother could arrive to take custody.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- NYC Firefighter Dies Battling Blaze On Harlem Movie Set
- These Are The Posters Students Will Be Carrying At The March For Our Lives
- Study: 9 Out Of 10 People Believe They Have Made Improvements To Their Partner
- Body Cam Video Captures Officers Saving Choking Baby
- Parkland Survivors Featured On Cover Of Time Magazine