Middle Township Police Say 9 Suspects, Most From Rival School, Believed Responsible For Vandalizing Field
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, NJ (CBS) – Middle Township Police say they’ve identified the nine people responsible for vandalizing a field used by Middle Township High School.
Five males and four females were reportedly identified. Eight are juveniles and one is 18 years old.
Most of them apparently go to Lower Township High School, a rival school in the area.
The damage was originally estimated at $2,000, but officials now say it’s closer to $100,000. The entire track must be replaced.
Officials are expected to press charges later on Tuesday.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Several People Hospitalized Following SEPTA Bus Crash In North Philly
- US Education Secretary Visits Philadelphia, Touting Summer Jobs For Youth
- New N.J. State Police ‘Ghost’ Cruisers Drawing Ire and Praise
- For Bird Banders Atop Philadelphia City Hall, Swooping Talons Are Just Part of the Job
- Lower Bail Rejected as Accused Driver Waives Hearing in North Phila. Hit-Run