MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, NJ (CBS) – Middle Township Police say they’ve identified the nine people responsible for vandalizing a field used by Middle Township High School.
Five males and four females were reportedly identified. Eight are juveniles and one is 18 years old.
Most of them apparently go to Lower Township High School, a rival school in the area.
The damage was originally estimated at $2,000, but officials now say it’s closer to $100,000. The entire track must be replaced.
Officials are expected to press charges later on Tuesday.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Crowds Descend For NFL Draft During Worst Time For City Streets
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Sparks Criticism Of Teen Suicide Depiction
- Lawmaker Wants To End Junk Food-Related School Fundraisers
- Volunteers Camp Out In Cape May County To Raise Awareness Of Homelessness
- Philly Gets Its Chance To Shine During NFL Draft