Resource Center For Laid Off Casino Workers To Open Wednesday
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The casino workers’ union Local 54 along with the State Department of Labor is opening a resource center for the laid off workers at the Atlantic City Convention Center.
Called “AC Unites Here,” the center will run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Sept. 10th at the convention center before moving to a still-to-be-determined location following the Trump Plaza shutdown.
More than 100 workstations will be set up at the convention center to help process the workers’ claims with the State Department of Labor and other agencies and social service organizations.
“This is the single largest deployment of Department of Labor staff we’ve ever had in response to a local employment event,” said Labor Commissioner Harold J. Wirths. “We have managed to assist people in New Jersey through the Great Recession and the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. We hope to help everyone who is impacted by the Atlantic City casino closings find new jobs in this tumultuous time in their lives.”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- PECO: Call For Help If Working Power Lines On Property
- AC Radio Pioneer Calls It A Career After Almost 60 Years On The Air
- Local Congressman Puts Papal Tickets To DC Event Up For A Lottery
- Amateur Radio Operators Plan To Celebrate Papal Visit With Special Stations On Air
- Positively Philadelphia: Greenfest Hits Headhouse Square In September