Cleanup Is Underway After Made In America Transformed The Parkway
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The third annual Made In America music festival is over, and now the cleanup is underway.
Crews got to the scene around midnight, breaking down stages and cleaning up trash all in an effort to return the Ben Franklin Parkway back to its regular form.
A constant parade of tractor-trailers in and out of the clean up site and the orange cones still blocking some roads serve as a reminder of what took place over the weekend.
Neighbors say that even with the late nights and early mornings, the concert and the cleanup haven’t affected them too much.
“Minor disruption in the end,” said a neighbor. “They’re doing a fantastic job of getting the streets back open.”
The cleanup is expected to be finished by Tuesday morning.
- Philadelphia Mother Pleads Guilty After Boy, 2, Kills 11-Year-Old Sister
- N.J. Cracks Down on Urban ‘Cash-For-Gold’ Retailers, Issuing Thousands of Violations
- Head of Democratic Party in Philadelphia Points Finger at Kane For DA Quarrel
- Sex Tape Involving Minors Making Rounds At Bucks County Middle School
- Mother of Missing Roxborough Man Hoping For ‘Resolution’ in Son’s Whereabouts