Phillies Trade OF John Mayberry Jr To Blue Jays
Phillies CentralShop for Phillies Gear
Buy Phillies Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
TORONTO (AP) — The Philadelphia Phillies have traded outfielder John Mayberry Jr. to the Toronto Blue Jays for minor league infielder Gustavo Pierre.
The Blue Jays, on the outskirts of the AL wild-card race, announced the deal Sunday night. Mayberry would be eligible for the postseason if Toronto reaches the playoffs.
The 30-year-old Mayberry hit .213 with six home runs and 21 RBIs in 63 games for the Phillies this season. He’d been on the disabled list since July 21 because of inflammation in his left wrist, and was expected to be activated Monday.
Mayberry arrived in the Phillies’ clubhouse before Sunday’s game in New York, and had been scheduled to fly with the team to Atlanta after its 6-5 loss to the Mets.
In six seasons with the Phillies, Mayberry hit .242 with 52 homers and 169 RBIs.
The 22-year-old Pierre batted a combined .260 with eight homers and 43 RBIs at Class A and Double-A.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Post Snap With Malcolm Jenkins: Many Were Wrong About Him
- Nets Top Sixers 99-88 In Preseason Action
- LeSean McCoy Feels Good About Getting Back To Normal
- Howie Roseman and Don Smolenski On Surviving The Bye Week
- Sixers Have Big Plans In Store For Opening Night
- Today Marks The Day The Doctor Came To Town
- Temple Shifts Focus To UCF After Houston Loss
- Wroten Wants To Be A Leader For 76ers
- Lots Of Reasons For Widener Football’s 6-0 Start
- Riley Cooper Takes Full Responsibility For Eagles’ Only Loss