By Kim Glovas
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — With the increased acceptance of gay and lesbian relationships and marriage, is the end in sight for gay bathhouses across the country?
With more acceptance of same sex relationships, the need for bathhouses seems to be declining. So to increase foot traffic, updates are necessary. Aaron Moore manages the Sansom Street Gym.
“We’ve redone a few or our bathrooms, upgraded the showers, we’ve upgraded the technology in the building, we have WiFi.”
Ted Martin of Pennsylvania Equality says, however, there is still discrimination and some is protected by law in Pennsylvania. So don’t look for bathhouses to disappear anytime soon.
“I still refuse to say it’s never going to happen, so perhaps less and less as the world changes and people become more integrated into society. But I still think there’ll probably be some need.”
Across the country, bathhouses are adding amenities like marble baths, hotel rooms and even nightclubs to attract more customers.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Person Struck, Killed While Crawling Across Street In Northeast Philly
- Two Storms To Watch, Then An Arctic Blast!
- Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Rock The Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Lady Gaga Offers Her Rendition Of The Star Spangled Banner At Super Bowl 50
- Denver Broncos Kicker A Montco Native, Temple Owl, SB Champion