PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- CSI Summer Camp? Real World Of Criminal Investigation In South Jersey
- New Search Begins For Stolen Norman Rockwell Painting
- Taste Test Program Encourages Kids To Play With Their Food
- City’s DNC Plans Include A Homeless Strategy
- Bala Cynwyd Man Conned Customers To Open Bar
- PA Budget Process Stalls Over Revenue Component
- Man Arrested For Groping Woman In Radnor Nail Salon
- 8-Year-Old Girl Turning Heads In The Boxing Ring
- Inspections To Close Certain I-95 Lanes For Several Days Beginning July 6
- Cabrini College Is Now Officially Cabrini University