PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Winning Numbers To $758 Million Powerball Jackpot Announced
- Police Make Arrest After Swastikas Found In Coatesville; Suspect Wanted In Delaware
- $35,000 Reward Offered In 2016 Murder Of Chester County Woman
- Sen. Whelan Died From Heart Attack; Was Prepping For Netflix Interview About AC
- Delaware’s Punkin Chunkin Contest Canceled Amid Pending Lawsuit
- Passenger Files Lawsuit Following SEPTA Train Crash That Injured 33
- Growing Horticulture Program Helps With Healthy Aging
- Millennials Are Happier At Work Than Others, Study Says
- Police: 14-Year-Old Girl Hit By Car While FaceTiming On Phone
- David Creato Jr. Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Death Of 3-Year-Old Son