PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Folcroft Officer Who Confronted Armed Suspect Was Same Officer Who Survived 2016 Ambush Shooting
- 1 Missing, 4 Rescued After Boat Hits Wake On Delaware River, Coast Guard Says
- Middle Township Police: Man Arrested After Marijuana Is Found In Daughter’s Book Bag
- Driver Safely Evacuates Students Before School Bus Goes Up In Flames
- Study: Half Of Workers Check In With Office While On Vacation
- Princeton Police: Man Suspected Of Groping Woman In Bank Parking Lot
- Marple Township Residents Fired Up Over Proposed Redevelopment Of Don Guanella School
- Research: Healthy Diet Helps With Fighting Depression
- Carson Wentz Speaks At North Penn Valley Boys And Girls Club’s Annual Dinner
- Organizers Reveal ‘Welcome America’ Festival Lineup