PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Deadly Police Involved Shooting Under Investigation In Wilmington
- Study Suggests Social Media Bubble Makes Us Narrow-Minded
- Weather: Coastal Flood Warning Tuesday After Powerful Storm Strikes Region
- Massive Tree Falls In South Philadelphia, Knocking Out Power As Nor’easter Strikes Region
- Senate Confirms Mike Pompeo To Run The CIA
- Pizza Delivery Driver Shot, Returns Fire, Hospitalized In Southwest Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Man, Convicted Of 3 Murders As Teen, Kills Himself In Prison
- PA Senators Question Fast-Track Plan To Close Two State Prisons
- Meet The New FCC Chairman
- Look Out, It’s Flu Season