PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Philadelphia Welcomed Pope Francis 1 Year Ago Today
- Police Warn About Scary Clowns After Reports Of Child Luring
- Arnold Palmer’s Legacy Lives On In Delaware Valley
- Weekend Box Office: ‘Magnificent Seven’ Is No. 1
- Facebook, Twitter Facing Off During Presidential Debate
- Clinton Campaign Invites Philadelphia Activist To Debate
- Philadelphia Art Teacher Singled Out For Statewide Honor
- Philadelphia Library Launches Musical Instrument Lending Program
- Golf Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87
- Accident On Roosevelt Boulevard; One Person Taken To Hospital