PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- PA Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking Into Celebrity Accounts
- Atlantic City Hopeful For Summer, Anxious For Bailout Deal
- TSA: Prepared Travelers Can Help Speed Up Airport Lines
- Cosby Will Go To Trial For Alleged Sex-Assault Charges
- Auditor General: 42,000 Child Abuse Hotline Calls Unanswered Last Year
- Facebook Makes ‘Trending Topic’ Change Following Conservative Backlash
- Detroit Police Department Calls Out Philly Police To Running Man Challenge
- Students Evacuated For Fire At Montco High School
- NJ Nanny Arrested After Stealing Jewelry Worth Thousands From Family
- Pearl Jam Dedicates Song To 24-Year-Old Stabbed To Death In Philly