Topless Woman Fatally Struck By Several Cars In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Trump Plaza Shuts Down; 4th Atlantic City Casino To Close
- 16-Year-Old In Police Custody, Accused Of Shooting 13-Year-Old Twice In Stomach
- Woman Shot Three Times While Sitting On Front Steps
- Police: Man Shot And Killed By Girlfriend’s Father While Climbing Through Apartment Window
- NJ Gov. Christie Helping Tillis In NC Senate Race
- Profile Of Gunman Who Ambushed Troopers Released By State Police
- Tech Entrepreneur Says Unplug From Facebook And Experience People
- Villanova Art Historians Hope For New Revelations in Painting’s X-Rays
- Penn Grad Student Heads Effort To Preserve Historic Philadelphia House
- Trial In 2012 Slaying Of Baby, Grandmother In Montco Set To Begin This Week