PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Woman Stabbed To Death Outside North Philly School
- Pennsylvania Man Accused Of Bludgeoning Father To Death Arrested In Atlantic City
- REAL ID Issues For Pennsylvanians Looking To Travel
- EPA’s Cleanup Of Contaminated Soil Could Displace Some West Deptford Residents
- Townsends Inlet Bridge Reopens Friday
- Tick That Triggers Red Meat Allergy Spreading Across U.S.
- Jogging 40 Minutes A Day Has “Fountain Of Youth” Effect On Cells, Study Finds
- Summerfest: Sea Isle City Is A Town Of History, Beachfront Relaxation
- Police: Ice Cream Store Owner Recorded Underage Female Employees Getting Changed
- Defense Attorneys Cross-Examine Key Prosecution Witness In Seth Williams Trial