PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Numbers Drawn In $487-Million Powerball Jackpot
- Positively Philadelphia: Didinger Pens Play About Lifelong Friendship
- Harry Potter Superfans Anxiously Await Release Of Latest Chapter
- SEPTA Pushing Sustainability Forward With Battery Charged Buses
- Federal Grant To Upgrade North Camden Streets, Utility Network
- PA Auditor General To Examine State Employee Retirement Funds
- Widener Students Create Informative Magazine On Chester
- Woman Struck By Stray Bullet Inside Kensington Home
- Dangerous Flooding In Parts Of New Jersey
- Sub-$2 Gas Prices The Norm In Parts Of Delaware Valley