PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- The Emotional Story Of Carson Wentz And A Boy Who Lost His Battle With Cancer
- Police: Teen Girl Critically Wounded In Stabbing During Large Fight
- Rehab Center To Give Some Patients Follow-Ups For Life
- Wolf’s LCB Borrowing Plan Challenged In Court
- Former Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams To Be Sentenced Tuesday
- Historic Boathouse Row Landmark Gets Makeover
- Artificial Intelligence Helps Cops Stay Smarter Than Criminals
- Father, Son Team Leave Hospital Jobs To Open Restaurant
- Delicious Deals To Sweeten Up National Chocolate Day
- Unsent Letter From Titanic Passenger Sets Auction Record