PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Battered East Braces For Wintry Wallop On 1st Day Of Spring
- Police: Juvenile Detention Center Worker Had Sexual Relationship With Teen Girl
- Weinstein Co. Files For Bankruptcy Protection
- Police: Suspect Sought After 2 Men Are Gunned Down In North Philly
- Rita’s Kicks Off Spring With Free Water Ice
- Dash Cam Video Shows Good Samaritans Rescuing Driver From Burning Car
- Judge Moves Cosby Jury Selection Back A Few Days, Denies Request For Big Delay
- Delaware Catholic School Students Refuse To Go To Class As They Rally For Fired Principal
- Newtown Township Mourning Loss Of Police Sergeant
- CHOP Promotes Global Teen Health Week