Topless Woman Fatally Struck By Several Cars In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Mayor, Organizers Dispute Predictions About Number Of Bus Fleets Expected For Papal Visit
- Schedule Announced For 2015 Made In America Festival
- Phila. High School Students, Teacher Create Prayer Cross For World Meeting Of Families Youth Congress
- Police: Three Bodies Found At Possibly Unlicensed Funeral Home
- Police Investigate Several Car Burglaries In Lower Township
- Police: Live Cannonball Found In Cape May County Yard
- Police Investigate Shooting In Kensington
- Pottstown Non-Profit Sending 1,500 Pairs Of Shoes To Dominica Following Tropical Storm Erika
- Man Charged With Vehicular Homicide After Collision With Off-Duty Philadelphia Officer
- State Legislation Introduced To Regulate Uber And Lyft