Topless Woman Fatally Struck By Several Cars In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Local Students Experience Devastating Earthquake While Studying Abroad
- Bhutanese Refugees In Philadelphia Mourn For Victims Of Nepal Earthquake
- History Class On The Road For Group Of Philadelphia Sixth Graders
- Debate Over Raising Pennsylvania’s Minimum Wage Continues In State Capitol
- 2 Dead, 3 Injured In Crash Along I-295 In Gloucester County
- Former Rendell Spokesman Takes On Same Role With Kane
- Mike Folmer: Pennsylvania’s Unlikely Champion Of Medical Marijuana
- Montgomery County Courthouse New Home Of “Moon Tree”
- Two People Injured After Cars Collide In West Philadelphia
- Police Investigate Shooting Death Of High School Football Star In Camden