Topless Woman Fatally Struck By Several Cars In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Slot Machine Revenue In Pa. Moves Up Slightly
- City Officials Warn Don’t Bring Too Much Stuff To Fourth Of July Events
- Police Arrest Suspect Who Shot Camden County Officer
- Philly Pops Play Free Concert To Celebrate July 4th In Old City
- Under New Policy, PPD Releases Names Of 2 Officers Involved In Shooting
- Pols: NJ Casino Expansion Vote Likely Not Happening In Fall
- Philadelphia’s Fourth Of July Celebration Underway
- Pioneers Of The LGBT Rights Movement Reflect On Their History
- Philly Pops Holds Final Runthroughs For Free Friday Evening Concert
- Cops: Males In Possession Of Stolen Phone Unknowingly Upload Pics To Victim’s Cloud