PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Actor Bill Paxton Dead At 61
- Young Gymnasts Compete To Raise Money For Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Woman Injured In Strip Club Shooting In South Philly
- Trump Declines To Attend White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- Truck Rams Crowd During Mardi Gras Parade; Many Injured
- Houston Academic Finds Uncredited Novel Written By Walt Whitman
- Warmer Weather Could Save Skiers Some Green At Blue Mountain
- New Plans In Works For Long-Shuttered Collegeville Inn Property
- New PennDOT Program Lends Voice To Communities In Early Project Planning
- Team Of Drexel Students Compete Against The Best In Computer Programming And Defense