PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Few Problems, Worries For Travelers Returning Home After Holiday Weekend
- Two Firefighters Injured After Ladder Crashes In West Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Senate Sends House Legislation To Regulate Ride-Sharing Services
- Philadelphia’s Roman Catholic High School Celebrates 125 Years
- Children Escape Unharmed When School Bus, Car Collide In South Jersey
- Mural To Honor Pope’s Philadelphia Visit To Be Dedicated Monday
- 3 Injured When 2 Cars Collide On Atlantic City Expressway
- Store Sales Drop As More Holiday Shoppers Look For Online Bargains
- Police Search For Pair Posing As Cops In South Philadelphia
- Online Retailer Sponsors Pet Adoption Weekend