Topless Woman Fatally Struck By Several Cars In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Police Charge South Jersey Man With Murder Of Girlfriend And Her Father
- Road Crews Prepare For Latest Winter Storm
- Gloucester County High School Holds Annual Hoagie Fundraiser
- Dangerous Heroin Batch Blamed For Recent Rash Of Overdoses In South Jersey
- Free Device Helps Blind, Visually Impaired Handle Money
- WEATHER: Arriving Today: Winter’s Many Faces
- Delaware State Police Investigate Two Deadly Crashes
- Woman Killed In Roosevelt Boulevard Crash
- Fire Rips Through Strip Mall In Ewing Township
- Crews Work To Repair Water Main Break In Kensington