Hershey Unwraps New Corporate Logo, But Some Think It Resembles A Certain Emoji
HERSHEY, Pa. (CBS) — Pennsylvania’s famous candy brand has rolled out a new corporate logo.
Hershey made the announcement on Friday that it was adding a Hershey Kiss chocolate at the end of the company’s name.
In a release on the company’s website, Hershey says:
“The new branding will impact all visual aspects of how The Hershey Company presents itself, from consumer communications to websites to the interior design of its office spaces and the look of its retail stores.
While rooted in a rich heritage, the new corporate brand reflects a modern, approachable look that reflects the company’s openness and transparency as it has grown into a global company.”
But not everyone is feeling the design. Some consumers have taken to Twitter to say the new logo looks like a certain popular emoji:
— Carrie Fiore Andrews (@carryoncarrie) August 29, 2014
Still, the rebranding move does have its supporters:
— Margaret (@margaretdesigns) August 29, 2014
What do you think? Do you like the new logo? Tell us on the CBSPhilly Facebook page.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Bud Light: Sorry For Saying It Removes ‘No’ From Vocabulary
- After Massive Quake In Nepal, Pa. AG Warns Consumers To Be Wary Of Charity Scams
- Study: Smiley Faces, Prizes Encourage Kids To Make Healthier Food Choices
- Psychologist Suggests Couples Put Together Notoriously Complicated Furniture To Improve Communication
- Study: Binge Drinking In Your Youth Could Lead To Brain Issues Later