HERSHEY, Pa. (CBS) — Pennsylvania’s famous candy brand has rolled out a new corporate logo.
Hershey made the announcement on Friday that it was adding a Hershey Kiss chocolate at the end of the company’s name.
In a release on the company’s website, Hershey says:
“The new branding will impact all visual aspects of how The Hershey Company presents itself, from consumer communications to websites to the interior design of its office spaces and the look of its retail stores.
While rooted in a rich heritage, the new corporate brand reflects a modern, approachable look that reflects the company’s openness and transparency as it has grown into a global company.”
But not everyone is feeling the design. Some consumers have taken to Twitter to say the new logo looks like a certain popular emoji:
— Carrie Fiore Andrews (@carryoncarrie) August 29, 2014
Still, the rebranding move does have its supporters:
— Margaret (@margaretdesigns) August 29, 2014
What do you think? Do you like the new logo? Tell us on the CBSPhilly Facebook page.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- North Carolina Lawmakers Announce Deal To End HB2 Standoff
- Experimental Technology Allowing Quadriplegic Patient To Move Using Brain
- Jeff Bezos Passes Warren Buffett To Become The World’s Second Richest Person
- This Skyscraper Is Out Of This World — Literally
- Samsung Unveils First New Flagship Phones Since Exploding Phone Debacle