Foul Odor Leads To Discovery Of Decomposing Body Inside New Jersey Home
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (AP) — Ocean County authorities are awaiting an autopsy to determine the cause of death for a badly decomposed body found in a home in Lakewood.
Police were called by a property manager after a nearby business complained about an odor coming from the residence on Thursday.
Police found a dead male inside a bedroom.
Prosecutor’s spokesman Al Della Fave says there were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play.
Police say squatters have been seen in the area. Della Fave says the person was observed at the house in the last two weeks.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- One Dead, One Injured In Delaware Apartment Fire
- Pa. Ruling Lets Law Firm Donate Services Without Limit To Mayoral Candidate
- South Jersey Town Gets Sizable Check For Their Recycling Efforts
- $10K Grant Will Expand Program Helping Patients Understand Medical Care In Their Native Language
- New Bolton Center Gains Treasure Trove Of Info On Snowy Owls