Foul Odor Leads To Discovery Of Decomposing Body Inside New Jersey Home
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (AP) — Ocean County authorities are awaiting an autopsy to determine the cause of death for a badly decomposed body found in a home in Lakewood.
Police were called by a property manager after a nearby business complained about an odor coming from the residence on Thursday.
Police found a dead male inside a bedroom.
Prosecutor’s spokesman Al Della Fave says there were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play.
Police say squatters have been seen in the area. Della Fave says the person was observed at the house in the last two weeks.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Small Plane Forced To Make Emergency Landing At Airport In Bucks County
- Philadelphia Students Experience Grand Jury Process In Unusual Civics Lesson
- Patrols Up Around Radnor Jogging Trail After Man Exposed Himself
- Dissent: Book Traces 400 Years Of Protest, Progress In US
- State College Named Top Pennsylvania Town