Foul Odor Leads To Discovery Of Decomposing Body Inside New Jersey Home
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (AP) — Ocean County authorities are awaiting an autopsy to determine the cause of death for a badly decomposed body found in a home in Lakewood.
Police were called by a property manager after a nearby business complained about an odor coming from the residence on Thursday.
Police found a dead male inside a bedroom.
Prosecutor’s spokesman Al Della Fave says there were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play.
Police say squatters have been seen in the area. Della Fave says the person was observed at the house in the last two weeks.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Funeral Director Charged After Officials Discover Several Decomposed Bodies During Investigation
- Wrestling Legend Charged With Third Degree Murder In Girlfriend’s 1983 Death
- Man Charged With Criminal Sexual Contact For Allegedly Touching Girl In Line At Amusement Park
- Mayors To Talk Government And Families Ahead Of Papal Visit
- Pilot Program Aiming To Get Long-Term Unemployed Back To Work Launches In Chester County