Man Shot, Robbed Of $70K In Supermarket Parking Lot In Northeast Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police are investigating after they say a man was shot and robbed of $70,000 in the parking lot of a supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Bleigh Avenue.
The 37-year-old victim, who police say was carrying $70,000 in cash, was targeted on his way to the bank inside the Pathmark.
Police say he was shot once in the arm. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects, last seen in a white van, possibly a Dodge Caravan, driving south through the parking lot towards Cottman Avenue.
No arrests have been made at this time and a weapon has not been recovered.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- FBI Probes Cyberattack At Rutgers University
- Police Search For Armed Prisoner After Virginia Hospital Escape
- Study Says Philadelphians Spend Nearly Three Days A Year Stuck In Traffic
- She Spent 10 Weeks In Liberia Fighting Ebola; A Philadelphia Doctor Shares Her Story Back Home
- As City Council Launches Budget Hearings, Nutter’s Tax Hike Plan For School Funding Appears On Life Support