PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police are investigating after they say a man was shot and robbed of $70,000 in the parking lot of a supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Bleigh Avenue.
The 37-year-old victim, who police say was carrying $70,000 in cash, was targeted on his way to the bank inside the Pathmark.
Police say he was shot once in the arm. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects, last seen in a white van, possibly a Dodge Caravan, driving south through the parking lot towards Cottman Avenue.
No arrests have been made at this time and a weapon has not been recovered.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- ‘My Family Didn’t Know If I Was Alive Or Dead’: Man Stranded In Puerto Rico Trying To Get Back Home To Philly
- Philly Sleep Campaign Aims To Lower Infant Mortality Rate
- IBEW Local 98 Plans To File Suit Against Prescription Drug Companies
- Pennsylvania Attorney General Investigating Mayor’s Fund For Philadelphia Over Reported Irregular Spending
- Police Investigating Series Of Reported Sex Assaults On Or Near Temple University Campus