Man Shot, Robbed Of $70K In Supermarket Parking Lot In Northeast Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police are investigating after they say a man was shot and robbed of $70,000 in the parking lot of a supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Bleigh Avenue.
The 37-year-old victim, who police say was carrying $70,000 in cash, was targeted on his way to the bank inside the Pathmark.
Police say he was shot once in the arm. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects, last seen in a white van, possibly a Dodge Caravan, driving south through the parking lot towards Cottman Avenue.
No arrests have been made at this time and a weapon has not been recovered.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Crews Cleaning Up After South Street Water Main Break
- 2 Teens Critically Injured In Northwest Philly Shooting
- The Free Library Of Philadelphia To Host Block Party This Weekend
- Montgomery County Will Foot The Bill In Failed Movie Studio Project Lawsuit
- Reading Terminal Market To Expand Onto Filbert Street Every Saturday In October