PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police are investigating after they say a man was shot and robbed of $70,000 in the parking lot of a supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Bleigh Avenue.
The 37-year-old victim, who police say was carrying $70,000 in cash, was targeted on his way to the bank inside the Pathmark.
Police say he was shot once in the arm. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects, last seen in a white van, possibly a Dodge Caravan, driving south through the parking lot towards Cottman Avenue.
No arrests have been made at this time and a weapon has not been recovered.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Driver Runs From Vehicle After Causing Five Car Accident; 3 Children Injured
- Quaker School For Students With Learning Disabilities Adds Lower Grade Program
- No Philly Accent, But Smokey Bear Has Some Local Roots
- NJ Business Cautiously Optimistic About 2017
- WEATHER BLOG: Stronger Arctic Blast Approaching