PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police are investigating after they say a man was shot and robbed of $70,000 in the parking lot of a supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Bleigh Avenue.
The 37-year-old victim, who police say was carrying $70,000 in cash, was targeted on his way to the bank inside the Pathmark.
Police say he was shot once in the arm. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects, last seen in a white van, possibly a Dodge Caravan, driving south through the parking lot towards Cottman Avenue.
No arrests have been made at this time and a weapon has not been recovered.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Boy Riding Mini Bike With Mom’s Boyfriend Struck, Killed By Suspected DUI Driver
- Police: Person Of Interest In Nicetown Shooting Turns Himself In
- Police: Murder-Suicide Under Investigation In Bryn Mawr
- Police Investigating Robbery Spree In South Philly
- Spokesman: George HW Bush Hospitalized With Blood Infection