Philadelphia Food Trucks Converge On Franklin Square For ‘Food Truck Festivus’
By Justin Udo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It was a “Food Truck Festivus” at Franklin Square Thursday.
A half dozen food trucks lined the sidewalks of Franklin Square serving everything from meatballs to ice cream.
“I have cheese curds with sriracha, mayo and a fresh made lemonade,” one person said.
“I got the pulled pork tacos from Oink and Moo BBQ,” another person said.
“I love food trucks, I love trying new food and this gives you the perfect opportunity to try a ton of food,” said another.
People came for the food, but many stayed for the pop-up beer garden and the free games.
“We have special games, volleyball, horseshoes croquet, bocce, just makes for a fun evening.”
If you missed this event at the Square, there’s no need to panic — they’ll be hosting a Labor Day celebration over the weekend.
For more information, visit: http://historicphiladelphia.org/franklin-square/special-events/.
You may also be interested in:
- Local Community Members Spread The Word About The Need For Organ Donations
- 5-Year-Old Girl Injured In South Philly Hit & Run
- Tractor Trailer Fire Closes Lanes on I-76 Between I-295 and Walt Whitman Bridge
- Rowan University Holds ‘White Coat’ Ceremony To Welcome New Class Of Medical Students
- Northern Liberties Hosts 7th Annual 2nd Street Festival