PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Chopper 3 over the scene after a tractor trailer crashed into a house in Philadelphia’s Mayfair neighborhood Thursday night.
PHOTOS: Chopper 3 Over The Scene
Police say it was around 7:15 p.m. when an SUV blew a red light at Farnsworth and Levick Streets, slamming into a tractor trailer, and forcing it into the north side of the home.
No one was inside the house, as its brick wall was completely punched through. Both drivers were injured though, as neighbors and police got to the scene to help.
“He got out of the car, his arm was all bloody, I talked to him, and I said are you OK, do you know who you are, do you know your name, and he said yeah,” neighbor Michele Spoltore said.
Both drivers were taken to the hospital, where they remain in stable condition. And while tonight’s scene was certainly dramatic, it wasn’t entirely unfamiliar to those that live on this street, like Barbara, who’s been here 14 years.
“This is the fourth accident that has occurred here at this house,” she said.
And while none of the first three crashes was this dramatic, neighbors say something like this happening was only a matter of time and they’d like to see some changes.
“Try to reduce the speed, and I don’t think tractor trailers should be allowed on this street because they’re so big and stuff like this can happen,” neighbor Mykkal Linn Polcher said.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Opioid Crisis Has Lowered U.S. Life Expectancy, Study Finds
- Officer Comes To Driver’s Rescue After She Loses Engagement Ring While Changing Tire
- Tackle Football Before Age 12 Can Cause Brain Damage, Study Says
- Rutgers Students Create Ride-Sharing Rickshaw Service For Refugees
- Rep. Boyle Introduces Bill To Deter Companies From Moving Jobs Overseas