Police: Teen Shot, Killed On Basketball Court In North Philadelphia
By Tim Jimenez
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A teenager was shot and killed on a North Philadelphia basketball court Tuesday night.
It happened around 8:45 p.m. on 9th Street near West York Street. Police say a 17-year-old boy was shot multiple times in the upper torso. Medics arrived and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say there have been no arrests. No word on what led to the shooting.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Toyota, Chrysler, Honda Vehicles In Massive Recall For Faulty Air Bags
- Some In The Area Have Tough Time Coping With The Cold
- Whitney Houston’s Daughter Found Unresponsive In Tub
- DUI Suspect Dies While In Custody At Philadelphia Police Headquarters
- Former Pennsylvania First Lady Midge Rendell Takes On New Role