Phila. Police Charge Homeowner Who Shot Man He Thought Was Breaking Into His Truck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A homeowner, who says he shot a man who he thought was attempting to break into his vehicle, has been charged with murder.
On Thursday, August 21, police responded to the 4500 block of Torresdale Avenue for a radio call of a person with a gun.
Upon arrival, authorities say 56-year-old Brian Baur told officers he shot a man who was trying to break into his vehicle.
Police then found 30-year-old Richard Hull from Maple Shade, New Jersey on the ground unresponsive, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 10:27 p.m.
Baur turned over his weapon and the surveillance video to police that night.
Less than a week later, police charged Bauer with murder and other related offenses in the death of Hull.
Baur was arrested on Saturday.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- SEPTA’s Second Stab At Papal Ticket Sales Is A Lottery Run By Local Firm
- Local Community Members Spread The Word About The Need For Organ Donations
- 5-Year-Old Girl Injured In North Philly Hit & Run
- Tractor Trailer Fire Closes Lanes on I-76 Between I-295 and Walt Whitman Bridge
- Rowan University Holds ‘White Coat’ Ceremony To Welcome New Class Of Medical Students