PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A homeowner, who says he shot a man who he thought was attempting to break into his vehicle, has been charged with murder.
On Thursday, August 21, police responded to the 4500 block of Torresdale Avenue for a radio call of a person with a gun.
Upon arrival, authorities say 56-year-old Brian Baur told officers he shot a man who was trying to break into his vehicle.
Police then found 30-year-old Richard Hull from Maple Shade, New Jersey on the ground unresponsive, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 10:27 p.m.
Baur turned over his weapon and the surveillance video to police that night.
Less than a week later, police charged Bauer with murder and other related offenses in the death of Hull.
Baur was arrested on Saturday.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- PA Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking Into Celebrity Accounts
- Atlantic City Hopeful For Summer, Anxious For Bailout Deal
- TSA: Prepared Travelers Can Help Speed Up Airport Lines
- Cosby Will Go To Trial For Alleged Sex-Assault Charges
- Auditor General: 42,000 Child Abuse Hotline Calls Unanswered Last Year