PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A homeowner, who says he shot a man who he thought was attempting to break into his vehicle, has been charged with murder.
On Thursday, August 21, police responded to the 4500 block of Torresdale Avenue for a radio call of a person with a gun.
Upon arrival, authorities say 56-year-old Brian Baur told officers he shot a man who was trying to break into his vehicle.
Police then found 30-year-old Richard Hull from Maple Shade, New Jersey on the ground unresponsive, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 10:27 p.m.
Baur turned over his weapon and the surveillance video to police that night.
Less than a week later, police charged Bauer with murder and other related offenses in the death of Hull.
Baur was arrested on Saturday.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Biden Announces New Funding For Amtrak Northeast Corridor
- Worker Injured In Hazmat Situation At Chemical Plant In Maple Shade
- Suspects Sought In Pickpocket Scam At Bensalem Chick-Fil-A
- Amber Alert Issued For 3-Year-Old Girl In Luzerne County
- Police: Woman Charged In Shooting Death Of College Student