New Jersey Priest Accused Of Sexual Conduct With Teenage Boy
TRENTON, NJ (CBS) – A New Jersey priest has been charged with engaging in sexual conduct with a teenager.
The Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office says that Reverend Romannilo Apura, 67, was taken into custody on Thursday morning at his residence at St. Martha Parish in Pt. Pleasant, NJ.
Apura reportedly masturbated the teen victim, a male, inside a home in Trenton on one occasion in the spring/early summer of 2014. A second incident occurred in June 2014, when the suspect reportedly tried to remove the same victim’s pants.
Apura is charged with one count of second-degree endangering the welfare of a child, one count of third-degree aggravated criminal sexual contact and one count of fourth-degree attempt to commit criminal sexual contact.
Officials say the Diocese of Trenton reported the allegations earlier this week. Anyone with information should contact the prosecutor’s Special Victims Unit at (609) 989-6568.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Body Found In Schuylkill River In East Falls
- PSPCA: 19 Dogs Rescued From Lancaster County Home
- Two Center City Intersections Getting Rainbow-Striped Crosswalks For LGBT Pride
- Sheridan Family Releases Statement After Prosecutor Rules Murder-Suicide
- Chesco Man Charged With 50 Counts of Child Porn Possession