Ambulance With Patient Struck In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Cops: Homeowner Shot During Home Invasion In North Philadelphia
- New Music Friday: The Arcs, Travi$ Scott, And FIDLAR
- TSA Officer Reunites With Man After Saving His Life At Philadelphia International
- Cops: Suspect Threatens Worker With 2 x 4 Before Stealing Cash
- Reward Posted For Person Who Shot At South Jersey Cop Nearly 1 Year Ago
- 4 Deaths After Jersey Shore House Fire Ruled Murder-Suicide
- New App Helps Ease Nerves When Walking Home Alone
- Founders Of Bala Cynwyd-Based Company Face Charges Of Running $54M Ponzi Scheme
- Sinkhole Develops Following Water Main Break In Northeast Philly
- Disney Unveils Star Wars Toys Amid Marketing Blitz