PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- City Pools Officially Open For The Summer
- After Cop Shot Castile, 4-Year-Old Worried Her Mom Would Be Next
- Heroin Epidemic: Philly Residents Deliver Jar Of Needles To City Officials
- New Therapy Wants People Who Have Trouble Sleeping To Sleep Less
- 2 Workers Hospitalized After Scaffolding Collapses In Old City
- City Council Approves ‘Rebuild’ Bill, Among Others
- Officials: ‘Dirty Old Santa’ Traveled To Meet Teen Girl For Sex
- Body Of Missing Teen Swimmer Recovered In Hamilton Township
- Day 3 Testimony In Seth Williams Trial Focuses On Vacations, Gifts
- Police Investigating Audio Recordings Of Cosby Trial Posted To Social Media