PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- New Jersey Shopping Mall’s Unique Christmas Experience Attracts Children, Parents
- Multiple PHL Flights Impacted By Crippling Atlanta Airport Power Outage
- Man Shot Multiple Times At FDR Park In South Philly
- 7-Eleven Robbed By 2 Men Armed With Assault Rifle
- 2 Teens Shot, Wounded In North Philadelphia
- 5 Injured, Dozens Stranded In Pennsylvania Ski Lift Accident
- Pennsylvania House Rejects Payroll Bill
- Analysis: PA Abortion Issue Plays To Both Parties’ Bases
- Police Beef Up Security Following Death Threat To Sen. Cory Booker, Family
- Car Menorah Parade Rolls Through Philadelphia: ‘A Display Of Jewish Pride’