PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- $35,000 Reward Offered In 2016 Murder Of Chester County Woman
- Police: Man Charged For Smoking Dope Next To Cop’s Car
- Man Charged With First-Degree Murder In Stabbing Death Of Pottstown Woman
- Police Looking For Tall Man In Purple Dress Who Robbed Bank
- Students In Camden Enjoy First Day Of School In New Building
- Chester County Courthouse Given All-Clear After Suspicious Powder Scare
- David Creato Jr. Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Death Of 3-Year-Old Son
- Pharmacist Convicted In Conspiracy To Distribute Oxycodone
- Philadelphians Sound Off On $700 Million Powerball Jackpot
- 1,069 Dancing Robots Break World Record