PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Mantua Police: Loud Bang May Be Heard Due To Disposal Of Substance
- Taco Bell To Start Selling Beer, Frozen Alcoholic Drinks At Select Locations
- 7th Annual Philly Tech Week Begins
- Public Asked To Help Rate Philadelphia’s Accessibility
- Heineken Just Schooled Pepsi On Ads That Tackle Social Issues
- Some Parkway Residents Tired Of Big Events
- Police: Woman Attacked, Killed By Own Dog
- Boy, 11, Saves Mom By Stabbing Intruder
- Police Investigate 2 Shootings In North Philly
- Swimming Pool Manufacturing Worker Killed After Being Trapped Under 1,200-Pound Mold