PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Friendship Is More Powerful Than Morphine, Study Finds
- Baby Horse Saved From Slaughter Gets A New Mom
- Tupac’s Mother, Afeni Shakur Davis, Dies At 69
- Johnson & Johnson Just Lost Another Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit
- New Jersey Inmate Escapes From Prison Weeks Before Parole
- Cousins Shot Overnight In North Philly, But Police Say Something Isn’t Adding Up
- Philadelphia Officers Get New ‘Reality-based’ Training On Deadly Force
- New Jersey Officials Look For Feedback On Later Start Times For Students
- Public To Get Rare Look Inside New Mormon Temple In Philadelphia
- Drivers Benefit From Philadelphia Parking App Wars