Ambulance With Patient Struck In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Voters Likely To Face Ballot Referendum On Government Access For Non-English Speakers
- Washington’s DHS Funding, Immigration Squeeze Likely Pressuring Newly Elected Congressmen
- New Philadelphia Pre-K Funding Commission May Be Decided By Voters This Spring
- Community Cancellations: Monday, March 2
- Weather Related Mass Transit Issues, Airport Delays
- Defendant In Black Market Body Enhancement Trial Expected Back On The Stand For More Cross-Examination Today
- New App Links Those In Need To Services
- Philadelphia School District Urging Parents To Sign Kids Up For K Soon
- 2 Shot Dead At South Jersey Motel
- SRC Stunner: Gov. Wolf Replaces Bill Green As Chairman