PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Massive Tree Falls In South Philadelphia, Knocking Out Power As Nor’easter Strikes Region
- Senate Confirms Mike Pompeo To Run The CIA
- Pizza Delivery Driver Shot, Returns Fire, Hospitalized In Southwest Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Man, Convicted Of 3 Murders As Teen, Kills Himself In Prison
- PA Senators Question Fast-Track Plan To Close Two State Prisons
- Meet The New FCC Chairman
- Look Out, It’s Flu Season
- Snapchat Issues New Guidelines To Crack Down On Fake News
- Judge Dismisses Case Against Snapchat, Claiming Speed Filter Caused Accident
- Mayor Kenney Signs Controversial Wage Bill