PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Vehicle Crashes Into Starbucks In Chester County
- New Jersey Lawmakers Debate Bill That Would Require Recess In Schools
- Montgomery County Swimmer Is SI’s Sports Kid Of The Year
- Target’s Website Crashes On Cyber Monday Due To “High Traffic”
- PSE&G To Pump $55M Into Utility Upgrades In Camden
- Pennsylvania’s Deer Season For Hunters With Rifles Starts
- Amazon Unveils New Drone Designed For Faster Deliveries
- Friends And Family Come Together As Local Man Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Officials: 3 Dead In Murder-Suicide Inside Montgomery County Home
- Holiday Shopping Frenzy Continues On Cyber Monday