PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Fan Drops Ring During Televised Yankee Stadium Engagement
- Kaepernick: ‘Let’s Make America Great For The First Time’
- Pennsylvania Clown Sightings Linked To Stabbing, Harassment
- Pa. Man Accused Of Raping Elderly Women Says He’s Gay, Innocent
- Another Step Toward Convenience For SEPTA Riders
- 2 Children Injured In School Bus Crash In Port Richmond
- Study Finds Link Between Happy Spouses And Health
- California Officer Fatally Shoots African-American Man
- Michelle Obama Stumping For Clinton, Pence To Follow The Next Day
- Cops: Grandmother Charged With Murder Of 3-Year-Old Grandson