PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Police: Man Robs Pharmacy With Syringe
- End Of An Era: Italian Market Butcher Shop Closing Soon
- Chief: Female Delaware Firefighter Who Died From Arson Fire Was Planning To Retire
- Millennials Renting In Buildings Offering Amenities Instead Of Buying
- STUDY: ‘Drink Plenty Of Fluids When Sick’ May Not Always Be The Best Advice
- Natalie Portman: Trump’s Victory Has Energized People ‘In A New Way’
- Philadelphia Election Officials Recounting Some Presidential Ballots
- Muslim Comedian Sits Next To Eric Trump On Flight, Asks About Muslim Rights
- Leon Panetta: I Like ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis ‘A Lot’
- Heartwarming Tale Of How A Parrot Ended Up In A Mugshot