PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Philadelphia DA Finds 2016 Fatal Police-Involved Shooting Of Richard Ferretti ‘Justified’
- Police Investigating Sudden Death Of 14-Year-Old Girl In East Germantown
- PSPCA Ride-Along Shows Front Line Of Fighting Against Animal Cruelty
- Caught On Camera: Cat Clings To Van Going 60 MPH
- Police Investigating Possible Arson Attempt After Man Gets Shot While Checking Gas Odor
- Video Captures Apparent Sledgehammer Attack In Port Richmond
- Former Upper Darby Township Employee Accused Of Embezzling Over $200,000
- Man Charged With Dozens Of Sex Crimes Against Multiple Young Children
- Study: 1 In 4 People Have Yet To See Iconic Landmarks In Their Own City
- Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missing Man In Connection With Boat Crash On Delaware River