PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Fastnachts Flying Off The Shelves At Nearly Century-Year-Old Bakery In Mayfair
- Kellyanne Conway Kneels On Oval Office Couch, Sparks Debate
- Montco Woman Plugs People Back Into Conversation With Podcast Club
- President Trump To Deliver First Address To Joint Session Of Congress
- CBS 3 Gets Rare Access Into Life-Saving 21-Day Flight Attendant Training Program
- Police: 72-Year-Old Woman Found Bound In Closet 4 Days After Being Assaulted, Robbed
- GOP-Sponsored Bill Blocks Over $1 Billion In Funding To Pennsylvania Sanctuary Cities
- Judge Rules Jury For Cosby Trial Will Be Picked From Another County
- 4 Dead, 2 Injured After Plane Hits Houses In California
- Dachshund Found In Trash Bag Gets New Wheels