Ambulance With Patient Struck In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Police: Body Pulled From Schuylkill River Identified As Missing Phila. Man
- Police: Teen Shot In South Philadelphia
- Central High Students’ Grilling of Philadelphia Mayoral Candiates Carried Live on Cable TV
- Weather: A Rainy Evening
- Sources: Indictment of US Sen. Menendez (D-N.J.) is Imminent
- Interfaith Rally Looks Beyond Anti-Islam Bus Ads That SEPTA Is Being Forced To Run
- Google Maps Turns Into Pac-Man’s Chomping Grounds
- Pa. Supreme Court Affirms Leak Probe That Named Attorney General Kathleen Kane
- Ex-Firefighter In Custody After Taking Several Hostage Inside Elkins Park Firehouse
- Family Says Mumia Abu-Jamal Treated For Diabetes Complications