Ambulance With Patient Struck In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Volunteers Make Sure Veterans Have A Merry Christmas
- People Put Their Holiday On Hold To See ‘The Interview’ At Local Theater
- Local Family Helps Make Christmas Special For Families With Sick Children
- Shelter Animals Looking For A Home For The Holidays
- Potential Revel Casino Buyer Wants Discount
- Old City Museum Celebrates ‘Being ________ At Christmas’
- Christmas Day Services Celebrate The Holiday In Philadelphia
- Elderly Woman Run Over By Minivan After Christmas Eve Mass
- Girl, 2, Killed By Car Backing Out Of Driveway
- Hundreds Enjoy Free Christmas Breakfast In Center City