PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Meet KYW’s DNC Youth News Team
- Equality Forum Kicks Off To Coincide With DNC
- Philly Based Companies Help Connect Catholics For World Youth Day
- Weekend Box Office Report: Beam Me Up! ‘Star Trek’ Soars To First
- Police: Death Of Child Left In Hot Car Apparently Accident
- 28 Injured In Yeadon Crash Involving SEPTA Bus
- City Officials Ready For Protests During DNC Week
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz To Step Down Following DNC
- DNC Delegates Pitch In On Art Project
- What Was In The DNC Email Leak?