Ambulance With Patient Struck In North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- NJ Man Diagnosed With Lassa Fever Dies After Trip To Liberia
- 2 Suspects Caught On Camera Stealing Batteries From Cars In Rhawnhurst
- Battle Between Stockton, Showboat Heads To Bankruptcy Court
- Are South Philadelphia Sexual Assaults Linked? Police Probe Attacks
- Fire Rips Through Three Vacant Row Homes In Philadelphia
- Two Victims Killed In Separate Philadelphia Shootings
- Police: Oxford Circle Home Invasion Suspects Left Behind Shotgun, Large Bag
- Jogger’s Husband Set To Plead In Park Strangulation Death
- World Health Assembly Endorses Global Plan To Tackle Antimicrobial Resistance
- Avoiding Heat Related Health Problems With Temperatures Headed To The 90s This Week