PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Feds File Additional Corruption Charges Against Political Aide Ken Smukler
- Philadelphia Residents Bundle Up To Enjoy First Official Day Of Spring
- Comcast Opens Wifi Hotspots As Region Braces For Another Nor’easter
- New Jersey Declares State Of Emergency Ahead Of Major Snowstorm
- SEPTA Regional Rail, PATCO, NJ Transit Altering Schedules For Wednesday’s Snowstorm
- Police: 6-Month-Old Found Dead In Trash Bag In Large Cat Litter Container
- Student Chefs Look To Cook Up Scholarships In Annual Center City Competition
- Snow Preparations Underway As Region Gets Ready For Nor’Easter #4
- Police: 1 Dead, 2 Injured In Maryland High School Shooting
- South Jersey Gearing Up For Fourth Nor’easter Of March