PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Police Officer Dragged By Car In Overbrook
- Philadelphia Firm Develops Star Trek Commemorative Stamps
- Study: ‘Digital Divide’ Doesn’t Reflect Reality
- Providing Pre-K For Every Philadelphia Child No Easy Matter
- Positively Philadelphia: Exhibit Looks At Women And Work Back In The Day
- Temple University Searching For People Involved In Writing Racial Slur And Symbol In Snow
- Crews Battle Three Alarm Fire In Cumberland County
- Hundreds Gather For Annual African American Children’s Book Fair In Center City
- Montco Officials Seek Man Who May Have Been Exposed To Rabies
- Chinese New Year Celebration Takes Over Reading Terminal Market