PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Suspected Gunman Involved In Shootings In Maryland, Delaware Taken Into Custody
- Broadcast Pioneer Malcolm Poindexter To Be Honored For Music Legacy
- CDC: 30 Percent Of People Have High Blood Pressure, Half Have It Under Control
- School District Investigating Photo Of Possible Students Posing Behind Pumpkins With Racist Carvings
- Transformed Green Schoolyard Opens At Fishtown Elementary School
- Philadelphia Makes Its Bid To Host Amazon’s Second Headquarters
- Judge Denies Sandusky’s Appeal For New Trial On Child Sex Abuse Charges
- SEPTA To Hold Another Round Of Public Meetings On King Of Prussia Rail Project
- LOOK: Man ‘Wins’ Halloween With ‘Graveyard Of Dying Trends’
- Changing Of The Guard At NJ State Police