PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Move Over Apple! Scrapple Pies Top Seller At Jersey Shore Shop
- Authorities: Off-Duty Cop Kills Man Who Tried To Take Gun
- 2-Year-Old Hit By Car, Killed In West Philly
- Weekend Box Office Report: ‘Don’t Breathe’ Beats ‘Suicide Squad’
- First Day Of School For Some Montco Students
- Effort To Preserve Beloved Chester County Farm
- Thai-Rolled Ice Cream Growing In Popularity
- New Aviation Rules May Make Drones More Popular
- Reward Doubles In Shooting That Killed Camden Girl
- Made In America Road Closures Throughout Week Announced