PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say one person was injured after a car struck an ambulance in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
This happened around 2:30 a.m. near the intersection of Broad and Tioga Streets.
Police say a driver who was traveling north on Broad Street crossed the center line and crashed head-on into an ambulance transporting a patient to a hospital.
The driver of the car was taken to Temple Hospital in critical condition. No other injuries were reported a result of the accident.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash. They say the driver of the car will be tested to see if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- City’s DNC Plans Include A Homeless Strategy
- Bala Cynwyd Man Conned Customers To Open Bar
- PA Budget Process Stalls Over Revenue Component
- Man Arrested For Groping Woman In Radnor Nail Salon
- 8-Year-Old Girl Turning Heads In The Boxing Ring
- Inspections To Close Certain I-95 Lanes For Several Days Beginning July 6
- Cabrini College Is Now Officially Cabrini University
- NJ Little League President Charged With Stealing From League
- Arcola Bridge Reopens After 3-Year Closure
- PA Attorney General’s Office Busts Major Drug Ring