2 Dead, 2 Injured In Violent Night In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two people are dead and two others were injured in four separate shootings throughout Philadelphia.
A pair of deadly shootings happened just blocks apart in the Grays Ferry section of the city.
Shots were fired on the 2500 block of South Manton Street around 11 p.m. Wednesday. Police found a male victim unconscious in his car with two gunshot wounds to his head. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead late Wednesday night.
Police have no suspects at this time, but are in the process of interviewing witnesses.
A few blocks away, a 16-year-old was shot twice, in the back and stomach, on the 1500 block of south 21st Street late Wednesday night. He was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Police have no suspects or motive at this time.
A 19-year-old man was shot around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 1800 block of Snyder Avenue in South Philadelphia.
He is in stable condition at the hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Police have no suspect or motive.
and a 42-year-old woman was shot in the chest early thursday morning in the 100 block of West Abbottsford Avenue in East Falls.
She is in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
Police have not made any arrests, but say they believe the victim may have known the gunman.
- PETA Offers To Help Save Lucy The Elephant
- NJ State Trooper Helps Save Life Of Baby Girl
- New Queen Bee Crowned At Academy of Natural Sciences
- Netflix Raising US Price For Most Popular Video Plan By $1
- Man Gets Finger Stuck In Gas Tank In Delaware County
- Rain Kicks Off A Cooler But Calm Weekend
- Crews Repairing Water Main Break On South Street
- 2 Teens Critically Injured In Northwest Philly Shooting
- The Free Library Of Philadelphia To Host Block Party This Weekend
- Montgomery County Will Foot The Bill In Failed Movie Studio Project Lawsuit