PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two people are dead and two others were injured in four separate shootings throughout Philadelphia.
A pair of deadly shootings happened just blocks apart in the Grays Ferry section of the city.
Shots were fired on the 2500 block of South Manton Street around 11 p.m. Wednesday. Police found a male victim unconscious in his car with two gunshot wounds to his head. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead late Wednesday night.
Police have no suspects at this time, but are in the process of interviewing witnesses.
A few blocks away, a 16-year-old was shot twice, in the back and stomach, on the 1500 block of south 21st Street late Wednesday night. He was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Police have no suspects or motive at this time.
A 19-year-old man was shot around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 1800 block of Snyder Avenue in South Philadelphia.
He is in stable condition at the hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Police have no suspect or motive.
and a 42-year-old woman was shot in the chest early thursday morning in the 100 block of West Abbottsford Avenue in East Falls.
She is in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
Police have not made any arrests, but say they believe the victim may have known the gunman.
- Expert Discusses When You Should Seek Medical Treatment For That Cut
- Parts Of Our Area Look To Make Living Where You Work A Reality
- Protected Bike Lanes, Other Changes Coming To Market, JFK
- Community Rallies After Beloved Delaware School Principal Is Fired
- Block Captains From Across Philadelphia Gear Up For Annual Spring Cleaning
- I-95 Gets Connected Between PA And NJ, So Signs Are Changing
- Officials: Missing Allentown Teen Located, Man Arrested By Florida Police
- Women Take Center Stage At Union League, Discuss Breaking ‘Glass Ceiling’
- Philadelphia Parks & Rec Offering Free Trees To City’s Property Owners
- City Council Committee Reveals Employment Risks For Medical Marijuana Users