2 Dead, 2 Injured In Violent Night In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two people are dead and two others were injured in four separate shootings throughout Philadelphia.
A pair of deadly shootings happened just blocks apart in the Grays Ferry section of the city.
Shots were fired on the 2500 block of South Manton Street around 11 p.m. Wednesday. Police found a male victim unconscious in his car with two gunshot wounds to his head. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead late Wednesday night.
Police have no suspects at this time, but are in the process of interviewing witnesses.
A few blocks away, a 16-year-old was shot twice, in the back and stomach, on the 1500 block of south 21st Street late Wednesday night. He was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Police have no suspects or motive at this time.
A 19-year-old man was shot around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 1800 block of Snyder Avenue in South Philadelphia.
He is in stable condition at the hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Police have no suspect or motive.
and a 42-year-old woman was shot in the chest early thursday morning in the 100 block of West Abbottsford Avenue in East Falls.
She is in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
Police have not made any arrests, but say they believe the victim may have known the gunman.
- Rowan Student Shot At Off-Campus Apartment Complex
- Positively Philadelphia: A Small Hotel in Doylestown, Pa.
- Council President Pitches “Super” Idea To Get Universities To Offer More Support To Cash-Strapped Schools
- Archdiocese Of Philadelphia Appeals To Community To Get Behind One Of The Largest Fundraising Campaigns Of The Year
- Road Crews In Philly, NJ Ready As More Bad Weather Heads Our Way
- No Rash Decisions Expected From Those Appointed To Guide AC To Financial Health
- Kensington Drop In Shelter Raises Awareness About Human Trafficking
- Man Shot In Head In Delaware, Critical
- Snowplow Driver Escapes Injury When Parking Garage Collapses In NJ
- Another Snowstorm On The Way