2 Dead, 2 Injured In Violent Night In Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two people are dead and two others were injured in four separate shootings throughout Philadelphia.
A pair of deadly shootings happened just blocks apart in the Grays Ferry section of the city.
Shots were fired on the 2500 block of South Manton Street around 11 p.m. Wednesday. Police found a male victim unconscious in his car with two gunshot wounds to his head. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead late Wednesday night.
Police have no suspects at this time, but are in the process of interviewing witnesses.
A few blocks away, a 16-year-old was shot twice, in the back and stomach, on the 1500 block of south 21st Street late Wednesday night. He was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Police have no suspects or motive at this time.
A 19-year-old man was shot around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 1800 block of Snyder Avenue in South Philadelphia.
He is in stable condition at the hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Police have no suspect or motive.
and a 42-year-old woman was shot in the chest early thursday morning in the 100 block of West Abbottsford Avenue in East Falls.
She is in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
Police have not made any arrests, but say they believe the victim may have known the gunman.
- Weight Loss Apps Can Help Kids Make Healthier Food Choices
- Report: Blueberry Extract May Help Prevent Gum Disease
- Judge To Decide Whether Man Accused Of Making Facebook Threats Against Preschoolers Will Be Freed
- Fan Facing Backlash After One Direction Member Hit In Head At Philly Concert
- WEATHER: Final Day Of 5th Heat Wave Of The Summer
- Mother And Daughter Assaulted In Lawncrest Home Invasion
- Great Adventure’s Next Roller Coaster Unveiled
- Former Fire Department’s Treasurer Admits Embezzlement
- Jay Lloyd’s Getaway: Hurricane Hounded Getaway
- PA Senate To Consider Temporary Funding Later This Month