DETROIT (AP) — Recaro is recalling more than 39,000 child safety seats because they can let a child’s head move too far in a crash.
The recall covers ProSport model 385 seats made from June 16, 2010, to Jan. 31, 2013. The problem happens when the seats are installed with the lower latch anchors and without the top tether.
Recaro will notify owners and provide set of new instructions telling owners not to use the lower latch system with a child weighing 40 or more pounds. The company also will send a new instruction label for the seat.
The problem was discovered in testing by Recaro. The company says in documents sent to U.S. safety regulators that it cannot determine if the problem caused any injuries.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in:
- Expert Discusses When You Should Seek Medical Treatment For That Cut
- Parts Of Our Area Look To Make Living Where You Work A Reality
- Protected Bike Lanes, Other Changes Coming To Market, JFK
- Community Rallies After Beloved Delaware School Principal Is Fired
- Block Captains From Across Philadelphia Gear Up For Annual Spring Cleaning