PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Former NFL linebacker and former Penn State football player Tim Shaw has announced that he has been diagnosed with ALS. His announcement comes as the nation has paid a new level of attention to the disease as a result of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
A video appeared on the Tennessee Titans website on Tuesday that featured Shaw. The Titans were the last team he suited up for in the NFL and Shaw challenged the organization to take part in the challenge.
Shaw also challenged Penn State football coach James Franklin and entire Penn State football team.
Shaw was drafted out of Penn State in 2007. He has spent time with the Panthers, the Jaguars and the Bears before finishing his career with the Titans.
“I’m here today to stand up and fight with all of you,” Shaw said in the video.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Raffl Scores Late, Flyers Beat Oilers For 7th Straight Win
- Preview: Joel Embiid Vs. Anthony Davis
- Brandon Brooks Ranked Among NFL’s Top 25 O-Lineman
- NFL Picks Week 14: Giants End Cowboys’ Streak And Chiefs Seize Control Of AFC West
- Esiason: Wentz Just ‘Going Through Natural Progression’ Of Learning NFL QB