PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Former NFL linebacker and former Penn State football player Tim Shaw has announced that he has been diagnosed with ALS. His announcement comes as the nation has paid a new level of attention to the disease as a result of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
A video appeared on the Tennessee Titans website on Tuesday that featured Shaw. The Titans were the last team he suited up for in the NFL and Shaw challenged the organization to take part in the challenge.
Shaw also challenged Penn State football coach James Franklin and entire Penn State football team.
Shaw was drafted out of Penn State in 2007. He has spent time with the Panthers, the Jaguars and the Bears before finishing his career with the Titans.
“I’m here today to stand up and fight with all of you,” Shaw said in the video.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Super Bowl Champion Eagles ‘Discussing’ Visit To White House
- Joel Embiid Visits Delaware County Church, Makes A New Best Friend
- Raiders Sign CB Daryl Worley A Week After Arrest In Philadelphia
- Flyers Eliminated From Playoffs After Losing Game 6
- Altherr Hits Walk-off Single In Extra Innings, Phillies Sweep Pirates