Former Penn State Football Player Tim Shaw Announces ALS Diagnosis
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Former NFL linebacker and former Penn State football player Tim Shaw has announced that he has been diagnosed with ALS. His announcement comes as the nation has paid a new level of attention to the disease as a result of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
A video appeared on the Tennessee Titans website on Tuesday that featured Shaw. The Titans were the last team he suited up for in the NFL and Shaw challenged the organization to take part in the challenge.
Shaw also challenged Penn State football coach James Franklin and entire Penn State football team.
Shaw was drafted out of Penn State in 2007. He has spent time with the Panthers, the Jaguars and the Bears before finishing his career with the Titans.
“I’m here today to stand up and fight with all of you,” Shaw said in the video.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Bennie Logan On Cowboys O-Line: ‘They’re Not A Challenge For Us’
- The Center Of Attention: The Offensive Line ‘Is Getting Better Each Week’
- Philly’s 94WIP, Dallas’ The Fan Square Off During Live Simulcast
- 5 Approaches To Eating Dinner And Watching Eagles Vs. Cowboys On Thanksgiving
- College Football Spotlight: A Time To Be Thankful For Rivalries