PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Eagles announced on Tuesday night that they have acquired running back and kick returner Kenjon Barner from the Carolina Panthers for a conditional 7th round pick in 2015.
Head Coach Chip Kelly released a statement regarding the trade: “Kenjon will hopefully bring some depth to both our running back and return positions. He’s obviously a guy I know really well from Oregon, where he had a very productive career. He has a lot of speed, explosiveness and had a knack for making some really big plays. But our plan with him right now is get him in Philadelphia as soon as we can and plug him in at running back and returner and let him compete.”
As Kelly mentioned, he has a history with Barner from his time at Oregon. Barner left the school ranked 2nd all-time in rushing for the Ducks (3,623) and tied for second with 41 rushing touchdowns.
Barner played in eight regular season games and one playoff game with the Panthers as a rookie in 2013.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Diamondbacks Power Past Phillies 8-2
- What’s Wrong In Thinking The Sixers Can Win It All Now
- Giants Fans Clamor For Saquon Barkley, Show Love For Penn State Running Back In Parody Video
- Birds Play-By-Play Legend Merrill Reese All Smiles At Eagles Super Bowl Ring Sizing Day
- Altherr Goes Deep To Back Arrieta, Phils Beat D’Backs 5-3