Del. Police Nab Suspect With 130 Bags Of Heroin Allegedly Stuffed In His Pants
By Chelsea Karnash
DOVER, Del. (CBS) – This suspect’s panties were definitely in a bunch.
Police in Delaware say they’ve arrested a man found hiding 130 bags of heroin in his pants.
The arrest was made during a traffic stop on North State Street/Lepore Road in Dover on Monday.
Police initially stopped a black Jeep Cherokee for a moving violation and because the driver had a suspended license.
During the stop, the driver, identified as Tony McClain, originally gave officers his brother’s name and personal information; however, police quickly determined McClain was lying about his identity and arrested him for criminal impersonation.
A subsequent search of the suspect revealed a large plastic bag containing heroin inside McClain’s pants. A search of the Jeep led to the discovery of three additional bags of heroin on the side of the driver’s seat.
In total, police confiscated 133 bags of heroin.
In addition to criminal impersonation, McClain is charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia and traffic charges.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- CDC: 150 Possibly Had Contact With Lassa Fever Victim
- United States’ First Adult Toy Vending Machine Coming To Philadelphia
- AAA Report: Teenage Drivers Up The Risks On The Road
- Is Rent Out Of Reach? Study Shows How 11 US Cities Stack Up
- Study Finds Almost 20 Percent Of Female College Freshmen Victims Of Attempted Rape