Partial Building Collapse In Queen Village
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Chopper 3 over the scene of a partial building collapse in the Queen Village section of the city.
It happened around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday at the 900 block of S. Front Street.
The collapse occurred on the third floor of the building that houses “For Pete’s Sake Pub” on the first floor and two apartments above it.
CBS 3 spoke with a man who says he was inside the restaurant eating lunch when part of the roof came crashing down.
“The building started shaking and dust started coming down from the ceiling so we took off running out the back door, and that’s when we saw what happened,” witness Tim Roland said.
There were workers on the third floor rooftop at the time, but it is unclear if their work had anything to do with the collapse.
There were no reported injuries.
PGW, PECO and L&I have all been called to check the structural integrity of the pipes and building.
Front Street was shut down in the area.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Uber Rolls Out Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Tractor Trailer Accident Closes Lanes On I-95 Near Bridge Street
- Corbett, Wolf Joust Over Taxes, Finances In Debate
- Pennsylvania Ballet’s New Artistic Director Hopes For A Great Leap Forward
- 3 University Of Delaware Students Robbed Of Their Cell Phones At Gunpoint