FLORENCE TOWNSHIP, NJ (CBS) – Police in Burlington county are searching for two suspects after shots were fired during an attempted robbery at a liquor store.
On Aug. 17 around 6:30 p.m., the two men reportedly entered the Town Liquor at 2117 Route 130 South in Florence Township and demanded money from the cashier.
When the employee refused to comply, one of the suspects displayed a black handgun and pointed it in the direction of the store employee.
That employee then screamed for help and the suspect fired a round into the wall, causing a male employee who was in the back room to come to the front of the store.
At that time, the suspects fled on foot without taking any money. A pedestrian in the area reported a silver Chrysler 300 with a black bumper leaving the area at a high rate of speed.
The first suspect is described as a black male who was wearing gray denim pants, a black and gray horizontal striped hooded sweatshirt with front pocket, a black hat with gray brim, and white gloves. He is about 5’8”-5’10” tall with a thin build.
The second suspect is also a black male who was wearing black denim pants, a black hooded sweatshirt with the Philadelphia Flyers logo on the back and was carrying a red bag. He is approximately 5’10”-6’0” with a medium build.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Florida DOT: Engineer Reported Cracks In Bridge Before Deadly Collapse
- ‘Einstein Of The Era’: Hawking Remembered As One Of The World’s Brightest Scientific Minds
- Microbrewery Business Bubbling Over In New Jersey
- Gorilla At Philly Zoo Walks Upright To Keep Hands Clean For Snacks
- Dr. Brown’s Lovey Pacifier & Teether Holders Recalled Due To Choking Hazard