Burlington County Police Searching For 2 Suspects After Shots Fired During Attempted Robbery
FLORENCE TOWNSHIP, NJ (CBS) – Police in Burlington county are searching for two suspects after shots were fired during an attempted robbery at a liquor store.
On Aug. 17 around 6:30 p.m., the two men reportedly entered the Town Liquor at 2117 Route 130 South in Florence Township and demanded money from the cashier.
When the employee refused to comply, one of the suspects displayed a black handgun and pointed it in the direction of the store employee.
That employee then screamed for help and the suspect fired a round into the wall, causing a male employee who was in the back room to come to the front of the store.
At that time, the suspects fled on foot without taking any money. A pedestrian in the area reported a silver Chrysler 300 with a black bumper leaving the area at a high rate of speed.
The first suspect is described as a black male who was wearing gray denim pants, a black and gray horizontal striped hooded sweatshirt with front pocket, a black hat with gray brim, and white gloves. He is about 5’8”-5’10” tall with a thin build.
The second suspect is also a black male who was wearing black denim pants, a black hooded sweatshirt with the Philadelphia Flyers logo on the back and was carrying a red bag. He is approximately 5’10”-6’0” with a medium build.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Council President Pitches “Super” Idea To Get Universities To Offer More Support To Cash-Strapped Schools
- Archdiocese Of Philadelphia Appeals To Community To Get Behind One Of The Largest Fundraising Campaigns Of The Year
- Road Crews In Philly, NJ Ready As More Bad Weather Heads Our Way
- No Rash Decisions Expected From Those Appointed To Guide AC To Financial Health
- Kensington Drop In Shelter Raises Awareness About Human Trafficking