Bon Appetit Ranks Old City Restaurant The Second Best In The Country
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Bon Appétit has nominated a Philadelphia establishment to its list of the nation’s top restaurants for 2014.
Chef Eli Kulp’s High Street on Market was ranked the second best new restaurant in the country.
The article, published on the magazine’s website on Tuesday, was praised largely for head baker Alex Bois’ breads.
“Dare anyone who has jumped on the gluten-free bandwagon (without a doctor’s note) to eat at High Street on Market and still call himself gluten-intolerant,” the article says. “You don’t stand a chance.”
The Old City restaurant was the only Philadelphia eatery to make Bon Appétit’s 2014 roundup.
To see the full list, click here.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- New Federal Grant Aims To Improve Safety Along Always-Treacherous Roosevelt Blvd.
- Miss Tootsie’s On South Street Celebrates 15 Years In Business
- Report Finds South Jersey Town Could Benefit From County Run Police Department
- Council At-Large Primary Winner Skirts Questions Of A Deal
- With The Start Of Summer, Unemployment Help Starting To Take Shape In AC