Bon Appetit Ranks Old City Restaurant The Second Best In The Country
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Bon Appétit has nominated a Philadelphia establishment to its list of the nation’s top restaurants for 2014.
Chef Eli Kulp’s High Street on Market was ranked the second best new restaurant in the country.
The article, published on the magazine’s website on Tuesday, was praised largely for head baker Alex Bois’ breads.
“Dare anyone who has jumped on the gluten-free bandwagon (without a doctor’s note) to eat at High Street on Market and still call himself gluten-intolerant,” the article says. “You don’t stand a chance.”
The Old City restaurant was the only Philadelphia eatery to make Bon Appétit’s 2014 roundup.
To see the full list, click here.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Four Children Found Locked In Basement Of Philadelphia Home
- Phanatic Celebrates Birthday At Phillies Braves Game
- Local Students Experience Devastating Earthquake While Studying Abroad
- Bhutanese Refugees In Philadelphia Mourn For Victims Of Nepal Earthquake
- History Class On The Road For Group Of Philadelphia Sixth Graders