PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Bon Appétit has nominated a Philadelphia establishment to its list of the nation’s top restaurants for 2014.
Chef Eli Kulp’s High Street on Market was ranked the second best new restaurant in the country.
The article, published on the magazine’s website on Tuesday, was praised largely for head baker Alex Bois’ breads.
“Dare anyone who has jumped on the gluten-free bandwagon (without a doctor’s note) to eat at High Street on Market and still call himself gluten-intolerant,” the article says. “You don’t stand a chance.”
The Old City restaurant was the only Philadelphia eatery to make Bon Appétit’s 2014 roundup.
To see the full list, click here.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Police: Woman Robs Man Of Pizza During Assault In Atlantic City
- Jose Weakens To Tropical Storm, Dangerous Surf Will Continue For Several Days
- Obama To Campaign For Democrat In Race To Succeed Christie
- City’s Commission On Women Sets Sights On Equal Pay With New Report
- 7.1 Magnitude Quake Kills 139 As Buildings Crumble In Mexico