PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Bon Appétit has nominated a Philadelphia establishment to its list of the nation’s top restaurants for 2014.
Chef Eli Kulp’s High Street on Market was ranked the second best new restaurant in the country.
The article, published on the magazine’s website on Tuesday, was praised largely for head baker Alex Bois’ breads.
“Dare anyone who has jumped on the gluten-free bandwagon (without a doctor’s note) to eat at High Street on Market and still call himself gluten-intolerant,” the article says. “You don’t stand a chance.”
The Old City restaurant was the only Philadelphia eatery to make Bon Appétit’s 2014 roundup.
To see the full list, click here.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- 2 NJ Transit Buses Collide In Lincoln Tunnel, Injuring Dozens
- How Body Language Can Spell Victory Or Defeat For Clinton, Trump
- Presidential Debate Comes On Anniversary Of Historic Nixon-Kennedy Clash
- How Arnold Palmer’s Impact In The Region Brought ‘Golf To Light’
- Center City Business Banking On People Dumping Football For Debate On Monday Night