PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Bon Appétit has nominated a Philadelphia establishment to its list of the nation’s top restaurants for 2014.
Chef Eli Kulp’s High Street on Market was ranked the second best new restaurant in the country.
The article, published on the magazine’s website on Tuesday, was praised largely for head baker Alex Bois’ breads.
“Dare anyone who has jumped on the gluten-free bandwagon (without a doctor’s note) to eat at High Street on Market and still call himself gluten-intolerant,” the article says. “You don’t stand a chance.”
The Old City restaurant was the only Philadelphia eatery to make Bon Appétit’s 2014 roundup.
To see the full list, click here.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- New Jersey State Trooper Indicted With Stopping Female Drivers For Dates
- Officials Announce LOVE Park’s Grand Reopening Date, New Sponsor
- Southwest Airlines Sought More Time For Engine Inspections
- Philadelphia Police Commissioner Apologizes For Starbucks Controversial Arrests Of 2 Black Men
- Lockdown Lifted At Elementary In Olney After Bullet Was Found Inside School