By Brad Segall
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (CBS) — Jury selection was scheduled to begin Monday in Bucks County Court in Doylestown for an alleged teenage serial rapist.
A judge ruled in June that all nine cases against 19-year-old Joshua Benson would be consolidated into one trial. The Bensalem man faces numerous counts of sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault without consent and related crimes.
Prosecutors say he sexually assaulted nine girls over the past three years. Police began investigating last September when two girls reported they were assaulted. Soon after more alleged victims came forward and the case against Benson began to grow.
Prosecutors say he met the girls at area malls and through online dating websites.
Some of the alleged assaults occurred when Benson was under 18 years old, but he is charged as an adult.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Phila. Judge Says Fewer Accusers To Testify If Msgr. Lynn Retried
- Police: ‘Erratic And Aggressive’ Driver Drove Vehicle Into US Capitol Police Cruiser
- Crews Making Progress Restoring Damaged Headstones In Wissinoming
- IHOP Server Receives Praise After Helping Disabled Woman Eat Her Meal
- Christie Will Advise Trump Panel On Opioid Addiction