Upper Darby Stage Hosts Homecoming For Tina Fey
By Tim Jimenez
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (CBS) – Actress and comedian Tina Fey — who has Upper Darby, Delaware County roots — is taking part in a fundraiser at her old stomping grounds this weekend.
“I hope she feels like she’s coming home to friends because she certainly is,” says Harry Dietzler.
Dietzler is the Executive Director of the Upper Darby Performing Arts Center, which Saturday night kicks off the 40th season of its Summer Stage program.
The feature attraction is a screening of the movie Mean Girls followed by a Q&A session with Fey, who long before Saturday Night Live, cut her teeth at this hometown venue.
“She started out as a performer on our stage and became a staff member,” explains Dietzler. “She worked in our box office, she directed shows.”
Tickets are still available and money raised will help pay for a new sound system for the theater, where hundreds of youth performers participate, who Dietzler says might one day follow in the comedian’s footsteps:
“One of our young men that works in the box office is saying, ‘Tina Fey worked in this box office so the sky’s the limit for me too’.”
- Firm Hired To Analyze Proposed Sale Of PGW Finds Several Big Concerns With Deal
- Massive Fire Damages Several Buildings In Atlantic City
- Key To Staying Healthy May Be As Simple As Washing Hands
- Police ID Pa. State Trooper Killed In Accidental Shooting At Montgomery County Gun Range
- Police: 2-Year-Old In Critical Condition After Accidentally Shooting Himself Inside Delaware Home
- Man Struck, Killed By Train In Crescentville
- NFL Spokesperson Admits Player Should Not Have Been Penalized For Religious Gesture
- Brotherly Love: Non-Profit Helps Medical Student Paralyzed In Accident
- Preparations Underway For Walk4Hearing Event In Philadelphia This Weekend
- Eww! Juniata Deals With Dead Raccoon, Rotting In Overhead Wires For Two Weeks