Upper Darby Stage Hosts Homecoming For Tina Fey
By Tim Jimenez
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (CBS) – Actress and comedian Tina Fey — who has Upper Darby, Delaware County roots — is taking part in a fundraiser at her old stomping grounds this weekend.
“I hope she feels like she’s coming home to friends because she certainly is,” says Harry Dietzler.
Dietzler is the Executive Director of the Upper Darby Performing Arts Center, which Saturday night kicks off the 40th season of its Summer Stage program.
The feature attraction is a screening of the movie Mean Girls followed by a Q&A session with Fey, who long before Saturday Night Live, cut her teeth at this hometown venue.
“She started out as a performer on our stage and became a staff member,” explains Dietzler. “She worked in our box office, she directed shows.”
Tickets are still available and money raised will help pay for a new sound system for the theater, where hundreds of youth performers participate, who Dietzler says might one day follow in the comedian’s footsteps:
“One of our young men that works in the box office is saying, ‘Tina Fey worked in this box office so the sky’s the limit for me too’.”
- No Cash? Digital Tip Jar Allows You To Tip With Your Credit, Debit Card
- Family Of Convicted Murderer Hopeful New DNA Evidence Will Prove His Innocence
- 15-Year-Old Dead, Another Injured In Double Shooting In Olney
- House Signs Off On Philadelphia Cigarette Tax Measure
- Police Investigate Attempted Abduction Reported In Haddonfield
- SWAT Called After Detectives Hear Gunshot When Serving Arrest Warrant In South Jersey
- Long Prison Sentence for Bucks Man in Widespread Fraud of Elderly Homeowners
- Poll: Gov. Christie’s Not Alone In Springsteen Fandom
- More Serious Charges Brought Against Teens Accused Of Beating Mentally Challenged Del. Man
- Fire Breaks Out In South Philadelphia Home