Upper Darby Stage Hosts Homecoming For Tina Fey
By Tim Jimenez
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (CBS) – Actress and comedian Tina Fey — who has Upper Darby, Delaware County roots — is taking part in a fundraiser at her old stomping grounds this weekend.
“I hope she feels like she’s coming home to friends because she certainly is,” says Harry Dietzler.
Dietzler is the Executive Director of the Upper Darby Performing Arts Center, which Saturday night kicks off the 40th season of its Summer Stage program.
The feature attraction is a screening of the movie Mean Girls followed by a Q&A session with Fey, who long before Saturday Night Live, cut her teeth at this hometown venue.
“She started out as a performer on our stage and became a staff member,” explains Dietzler. “She worked in our box office, she directed shows.”
Tickets are still available and money raised will help pay for a new sound system for the theater, where hundreds of youth performers participate, who Dietzler says might one day follow in the comedian’s footsteps:
“One of our young men that works in the box office is saying, ‘Tina Fey worked in this box office so the sky’s the limit for me too’.”
- Back To Court, And Maybe Prison, For Convicted Former Mob Boss Merlino
- Suspect Dead After Police Chase In Easton
- NYC Case Shows Importance Of Ebola Education
- Boo! Local Paranormal Group Hosting Spooky Mansion Tour In Delco
- State Health Officials Discuss How Pa. Is Preparing For Possible Ebola
- Port Richmond Grocery Store One Of The First In Philadelphia To Sell Beer
- Officials: New York City Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- Police: Man Injured In Bustleton Shooting
- Mayor Nutter Rappels Down Center City Building For Fundraiser
- 2 Facing Charges After Lockdown At Chester County High School