PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say one of the two suspects accused of trying to break into the Northeast Philadelphia home of murder victim Connie McClain-Murray was her nephew.
The unthinkable crime happened at about 2 a.m. Wednesday in the 2800 block of Tolbut Street.
According to investigators, a witness spotted two males trying to pry open a door to the home and called 911.
Police arrived at the scene and the two suspects were taken into custody before they entered the home.
The suspects have been identified by police as Steven Anderson and Brandon Howard.
The body of Connie McClain-Murray, a mother of two, was found in Pennypack Park in the early morning hours on August 5th.
Her husband, 48-year-old Christopher Murray, confessed to killing his wife and has been charged with murder.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Chick-fil-A Opens On A Sunday, Workers Deliver More Than 5,000 Meals To Stranded Travelers In Atlanta
- Does Christmas Music Turn You Into The Grinch?
- Kevin Hart Spills About Cheating On Pregnant Wife
- Is It A Gimmick? Experts Explore The Strategy Behind ‘Free Shipping’
- Will Smith Officially Joins Instagram And Already Racks Up Over 1 Million Followers