Chris Christie Takes The ‘Ice Bucket Challege’
NEW YORK (AP) — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is proving again he doesn’t mind a little humiliation.
The Republican on Tuesday posted on his Facebook page a video showing two of his kids dumping a bucket of ice water on his head.
WATCH: Chris Christie Completes ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’
The video is part of the Ice Bucket Challenge, launched by the ALS Foundation to raise money for fighting ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Christie nominates three other people to complete the challenge within 24 hours or donate $100: Democratic New Jersey U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and late-night TV host Jimmy Fallon.
Christie has been trying to move past a scandal at home by drawing laughs, including an appearance on Fallon’s show.
The ALS Foundation reports raising $4 million since July 29 thanks to the Ice Bucket Challenge.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- GoFundMe Site Set Up For Acclaimed Philly Chef Injured In Amtrak Derailment
- Study: Ongoing Symptoms Of Depression And A Person’s Risk Of Stroke Are Linked
- AAA: More Travelers Driving This Memorial Day Weekend, Likely Due To Low Gas Prices
- Study Claims Coffee Could Improve A Man’s Sex Life
- Bon Jovi Breaks Out Guitar At Rutgers University-Camden Commencement