Chris Christie Takes The ‘Ice Bucket Challege’
NEW YORK (AP) – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is proving again he doesn’t mind a little humiliation.
The Republican on Tuesday posted on his Facebook page a video showing two of his kids dumping a bucket of ice water on his head.
WATCH: Chris Christie Completes ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’
The video is part of the Ice Bucket Challenge, launched by the ALS Foundation to raise money for fighting ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Christie nominates three other people to complete the challenge within 24 hours or donate $100: Democratic New Jersey U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and late-night TV host Jimmy Fallon.
Christie has been trying to move past a scandal at home by drawing laughs, including an appearance on Fallon’s show.
The ALS Foundation reports raising $4 million since July 29 thanks to the Ice Bucket Challenge.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Millions Of U.S. Pets Overweight Or Obese
- Woman To Stand Trial On Charges She Stole Police Car And Drove More Than 80 MPH — While Handcuffed
- Survey: Philadelphians Love Their Sweatpants
- Student From Philadelphia Area Stopped At Airport Over Arabic Flashcards Wins $25K
- Penn State Study Reveals Memory Might Be Even More Selective Than Previously Thought