No Injuries As 7 Shots Fired At West Deptford, NJ, Police Building
By Noel McLaren
WEST DEPTFORD, N.J. (CBS) — A $27,000 reward is now being offered for the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for firing seven gunshots at the West Deptford Police Department Tuesday morning.
“I definitely think that a police officer or the police officers in general were targeted,” said Deputy Chief Sean McKenna.
One of the rounds was fired directly into Deputy Chief McKenna’s office.
“It went through my window,” he said.
Fortunately, he says he wasn’t inside at the early hour, but another shift supervisor was just a few doors down. He heard the shots including the five that pierced the door where officers enter and exit the building.
“He did a great job taking cover,” said McKenna. “He didn’t go rushing out the back door. He was a very vigilant and experienced officer with 19 years experience.”
Police are working to enhance grainy surveillance video they say shows the suspect’s dark-colored sedan. They say the video also shows the same vehicle casing out their headquarters from the nearby library parking lot.
Police say the area is now safe and there are extra patrols as they work to catch their gunman.
“We’re going to follow up every lead that we have and every contact we’ve made over the past couple of weeks,” said McKenna.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Swiped Painting Of Jesus Returned To Pa. Restaurant With Note Apologizing For ‘Drunken Mistake’
- Berks County Native Taylor Swift Tops Fortune’s List Of World’s Greatest Female Leaders
- Study: Power Naps Significantly Improve Memory Performance
- Philly Makes Forbes List Of The Most Overpriced Cities
- Coffee Chain Offering Limited-time Birthday Cake Frappuccino