PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — According to a report from Sportsnado, the Sixers have agreed to a three-year deal with Saint Joseph’s product Ronald Roberts Jr. The former Hawk went undrafted and spent Summer League with the Sixers in Orlando.
According to the report, the deal is partially guaranteed. Roberts Jr. was playing for Chalon, a French team, but his deal had an opt-out clause that will allow him to sign on in the NBA.
There has been no official announcement from the Sixers, Roberts Jr., or his representation on whether or not a deal has indeed been reached.
Roberts Jr. showed a lot of promise while in Summer League with the Sixers. At 6’8, Roberts Jr. could be an asset for the Sixers who will be somewhat light in the post considering the injury to Joel Embiid. There is a lot of room for opportunity on the Sixers’ roster and Roberts Jr.’s athleticism will make him an intriguing addition.
Roberts Jr. averaged 10 points and 6.8 rebounds in Summer League while shooting 64.1 percent from the field.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Gonzaga Trounces Xavier 83-59 To Advance To First Final Four In School History
- Collegiate Rowing Teams Participate In 35th Memorial Murphy Cup Regatta
- Bobrovsky Terrific Again As Blue Jackets Beat Flyers 1-0
- Career Nights For Saric, Long Lift 76ers Past Bulls, 117-107