PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources confirm to KYW Newsradio that an off-duty Philadelphia Police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident near Harrisburg Tuesday afternoon.
It happened Tuesday afternoon on the Turnpike near mile marker 206.
33-year-old Officer Seth Stellfox was riding his motorcycle on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Newville, Cumberland County, when authorities say he lost control and crashed.
Stellfox was with the 39th police district and has been serving on the force for more than a decade.
The accident remains under investigation by the Pennsylvania State Police.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- What’s Cooking on 1060: South Street Spring Festival
- Vandals Strike Vehicles On PA Turnpike From Above With Bricks And Stones
- Officials Investigate Green Oily Substance In The Schuylkill River
- Unique Anti-Pull Dog Leash Invented By Local Man Selling On HSN
- Trending Social Media Dance-Off Originated In New Jersey