PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources confirm to KYW Newsradio that an off-duty Philadelphia Police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident near Harrisburg Tuesday afternoon.
It happened Tuesday afternoon on the Turnpike near mile marker 206.
33-year-old Officer Seth Stellfox was riding his motorcycle on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Newville, Cumberland County, when authorities say he lost control and crashed.
Stellfox was with the 39th police district and has been serving on the force for more than a decade.
The accident remains under investigation by the Pennsylvania State Police.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Police Shoot Man Believed To Be Involved In Stabbing Of 2 Juveniles
- Future Of Cable And Internet? In Philly This Week, It’s Right Around The Corner
- Group Of Breast Cancer Survivors Pens Book To Empower Others
- App Promises To Help You Find The Perfect Sperm Donor
- Study: Racial Bias Might Start As Early As Preschool