PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources confirm to KYW Newsradio that an off-duty Philadelphia Police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident near Harrisburg Tuesday afternoon.
It happened Tuesday afternoon on the Turnpike near mile marker 206.
33-year-old Officer Seth Stellfox was riding his motorcycle on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Newville, Cumberland County, when authorities say he lost control and crashed.
Stellfox was with the 39th police district and has been serving on the force for more than a decade.
The accident remains under investigation by the Pennsylvania State Police.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Airport, Train Stations Packed With Travelers And Security For Thanksgiving Rush
- Ex-Beauty Queen Charged With 3 More Victims In Cancer Scam
- Police Investigate Indecent Assault On Woman In West Philadelphia
- Teen Charged As Adult In Philadelphia Trooper Shooting; Bail Set At $3 Million
- State Police: Laser Pointed At Army Helicopter In Pennsylvania