PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources confirm to KYW Newsradio that an off-duty Philadelphia Police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident near Harrisburg Tuesday afternoon.
It happened Tuesday afternoon on the Turnpike near mile marker 206.
33-year-old Officer Seth Stellfox was riding his motorcycle on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Newville, Cumberland County, when authorities say he lost control and crashed.
Stellfox was with the 39th police district and has been serving on the force for more than a decade.
The accident remains under investigation by the Pennsylvania State Police.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Mayor Kenney On LeSean McCoy Brawl: ‘He Needs To Pay The Price And Answer For His Actions’
- Crews Respond To Underground Fire In Center City
- Former Philadelphia FBI Agent Seeks Adventure On ‘Survivor’
- NJ Seeks Disaster Aid After January Storm And Shore Flooding
- Phila. Mayor Announces Official End To Fire Dept. Brownouts, Firefighter Rotations