PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources confirm to KYW Newsradio that an off-duty Philadelphia Police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident near Harrisburg Tuesday afternoon.
It happened Tuesday afternoon on the Turnpike near mile marker 206.
33-year-old Officer Seth Stellfox was riding his motorcycle on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Newville, Cumberland County, when authorities say he lost control and crashed.
Stellfox was with the 39th police district and has been serving on the force for more than a decade.
The accident remains under investigation by the Pennsylvania State Police.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Foreign Solar Panels, Washing Machines More Expensive After Trump Levies Tariffs
- 3 Philadelphia-Area Talents Receive Academy Awards Nominations
- Philadelphia Officials Announce Support For Safe Injection Sites
- Google Launches Audiobooks Without Monthly Subscription Fee
- 2 Dead, 17 Injured In Kentucky School Shooting; Suspect Held