Off Duty Philadelphia Police Officer Killed In Motorcycle Crash
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources confirm to KYW Newsradio that an off-duty Philadelphia Police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident near Harrisburg Tuesday afternoon.
It happened Tuesday afternoon on the Turnpike near mile marker 206.
33-year-old Officer Seth Stellfox was riding his motorcycle on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Newville, Cumberland County, when authorities say he lost control and crashed.
Stellfox was with the 39th police district and has been serving on the force for more than a decade.
The accident remains under investigation by the Pennsylvania State Police.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Montco Veterans’ Court Judge Dismayed at Killing Spree By Client
- Billionaire Carl Icahn Disavows Union Deal That Would Avert Taj Mahal Shutdown
- Lyft Gets Pa. Regulatory Nod…Except In Philly
- Philadelphia Mother Pleads Guilty After Boy, 2, Kills 11-Year-Old Sister
- N.J. Cracks Down on Urban ‘Cash-For-Gold’ Retailers, Issuing Thousands of Violations