PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources confirm to KYW Newsradio that an off-duty Philadelphia Police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident near Harrisburg Tuesday afternoon.
It happened Tuesday afternoon on the Turnpike near mile marker 206.
33-year-old Officer Seth Stellfox was riding his motorcycle on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Newville, Cumberland County, when authorities say he lost control and crashed.
Stellfox was with the 39th police district and has been serving on the force for more than a decade.
The accident remains under investigation by the Pennsylvania State Police.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- In Executive Order, Trump To Dramatically Change US Approach To Climate Change
- Man Allegedly Hacked Into Social Media Accounts Of Former Female Classmates
- Police: Baseball-Sized Rock Thrown Through Synagogue’s Window
- ‘Real-Life Boogeyman:’ New Victim Comes Forward In Bucks County Serial Child Rapist Case
- Police: Person In Building Opened Fire On Woman’s Car Near Northern Liberties