Off Duty Philadelphia Police Officer Killed In Motorcycle Crash
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources confirm to KYW Newsradio that an off-duty Philadelphia Police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident near Harrisburg Tuesday afternoon.
It happened Tuesday afternoon on the Turnpike near mile marker 206.
33-year-old Officer Seth Stellfox was riding his motorcycle on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Newville, Cumberland County, when authorities say he lost control and crashed.
Stellfox was with the 39th police district and has been serving on the force for more than a decade.
The accident remains under investigation by the Pennsylvania State Police.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Phila. Orchestra Patrons Join Musicians In A Sing-Along For Music Director’s Birthday
- Atlantic City Decides Not To Apply For $9 Million Grant; Prepares To Lay Off 50 Firefighters
- Casino Appeals Ruling Favoring Trumps In Name Lawsuit
- Reports: Attorney General Approves Prosecution of Sen. Menendez on Corruption Charges
- Dan Aykroyd Announces He’ll Donate To Fund For Slain Officer At Philadelphia Flower Show