PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources confirm to KYW Newsradio that an off-duty Philadelphia Police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident near Harrisburg Tuesday afternoon.
It happened Tuesday afternoon on the Turnpike near mile marker 206.
33-year-old Officer Seth Stellfox was riding his motorcycle on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Newville, Cumberland County, when authorities say he lost control and crashed.
Stellfox was with the 39th police district and has been serving on the force for more than a decade.
The accident remains under investigation by the Pennsylvania State Police.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Purr-Fect Job For Cat Lovers Is Available
- Former Montgomery County Gymnastics Instructor Pleads Guilty To Molesting Young Girl
- Sunscreen Dispensers Being Installed Throughout Philadelphia
- ‘People Need To Go To Jail’: Nat’l Security Expert Reacts To Leaks Of Investigation Into Manchester Attack
- Panel Of Women Gives Devastating Review Of American Health Care Act