Man Escapes Fire Through Second Floor Window In Chester
CHESTER, Pa., (CBS) — A man made a daring escape from a fire in Chester, Delaware County Tuesday night.
The fire was reported around 7 p.m. in the 1000 block of Meadow Lane.
The flames reportedly started in a kitchen inside an apartment on the second floor.
Eyewitness News is told the tenant, who was in a wheelchair, threw himself out of the window to escape the flames. He reportedly fell about 20 feet to the ground.
Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control.
Only one unit was damaged.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Fire Rips Through Northeast Philly Rowhome
- Police Investigate North Philly Home Invasion
- Live Streaming App Popularity Could Be Game Changer For Social Networks, Users
- Proposed Development Of Asbestos Waste Site Has Montco Residents Concerned
- Jay Lloyd’s Getaway: Recalling The Golden Age of Travel to Bermuda