MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. (CBS) – A woman made a very disturbing discovery while at a McDonald’s in North Carolina. She claims a worker etched a swastika into the bun of her sandwich.
The worker allegedly used butter to create the offensive symbol on the bread.
The female, Charleigh Mattice, says her grandfather fought the Nazis in World War II.
McDonald’s has released a statement apologizing to Mattice for the incident. The restaurant adds that the employee responsible for the offensive symbol has been fired.
Mattice says she will eat at McDonald’s again, as she is a “loyal customer.”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Ad Agency Makes Statement With Anti-Trump Food Truck
- Lying May Be Your Brain’s Fault, Honestly
- Dorothy’s Fading Red Slippers Saved By $300,000 In Crowdfunding
- Yoga Pants Parade To Protest Man’s Comments On Women’s Wear
- Survey Shows Many Are Willing To Lie To Get Day Off