MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. (CBS) – A woman made a very disturbing discovery while at a McDonald’s in North Carolina. She claims a worker etched a swastika into the bun of her sandwich.
The worker allegedly used butter to create the offensive symbol on the bread.
The female, Charleigh Mattice, says her grandfather fought the Nazis in World War II.
McDonald’s has released a statement apologizing to Mattice for the incident. The restaurant adds that the employee responsible for the offensive symbol has been fired.
Mattice says she will eat at McDonald’s again, as she is a “loyal customer.”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Online Campaign Raises More Than $13,000 For Homeless Man Who Gave Last $20 To Help Stranded Woman
- Thanksgiving Fee? Some Making Family Members Pay Cover Charge
- You Can Really Clone Your Pet, But It Will Cost You
- Dario Saric Eats First Ever Cheesesteak, Hits The Grill At Geno’s
- Lawyer: Ex-Student Charged In Body Fluids Case Isn’t Racist