MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. (CBS) – A woman made a very disturbing discovery while at a McDonald’s in North Carolina. She claims a worker etched a swastika into the bun of her sandwich.
The worker allegedly used butter to create the offensive symbol on the bread.
The female, Charleigh Mattice, says her grandfather fought the Nazis in World War II.
McDonald’s has released a statement apologizing to Mattice for the incident. The restaurant adds that the employee responsible for the offensive symbol has been fired.
Mattice says she will eat at McDonald’s again, as she is a “loyal customer.”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Woman Apprehended After Vehicle Hits Security Barrier Near White House
- 5 Charged With Theft For Bogus Superstorm Sandy Aid Claims
- Teen Arrested For Allegedly Making Shooting Threats At West Deptford High
- Philadelphia Lawyer In Prison For Having Sex With Teen Sex Trafficking Victim Disbarred
- 2 Men Charged With Multiple Armed Robberies, Thefts Targeting Walmarts Across Region