By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are searching for the suspect who caught on tape stealing thousands of dollars in cash and an iPad from an eating establishment in Philadelphia.
The incident happened at about 4:30 a.m. on August 8th at the Route 23 Café in the 4100 block of Germantown Avenue.
WATCH: Surveillance Video
According to investigators, the suspect gained entry to the business by forcing opening the rear doors.
Once inside, investigators say the suspect forced open an ATM and took approximately $4,200 in cash. The suspect also stole an iPad and various types of identification valued at $7,300.
The suspect then ran out of the business.
The suspect is described as a male of an unknown race in his late 20s with a stocky build. He was wearing a dark-colored mask, a sweatshirt, baggie pants and dark-colored gloves.
Anyone with information on the suspect is urged to call 911 or 215.686.TIPS (8477).
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Lawmaker Wants To End Junk Food-Related School Fundraisers
- Taco Bell To Start Selling Beer, Frozen Alcoholic Drinks At Select Locations
- Heineken Just Schooled Pepsi On Ads That Tackle Social Issues
- Boy, 11, Saves Mom By Stabbing Intruder
- Swimming Pool Manufacturing Worker Killed After Being Trapped Under 1,200-Pound Mold