PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A SEPTA employee was struck by a train Monday afternoon in Center City, SEPTA officials said.
Officials say the male employee was hit by a train traveling eastbound near 22nd and Market Streets.
The employee was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital. There is no word on his condition or the extent of his injuries.
SEPTA officials say the employee was working on the SEPTA trolley tunnel project. The trolley lines run parallel to the Market-Frankford Line in this area.
Shuttle buses were operating on the Market-Frankford Line, but normal train service has since resumed in both directions.
You may also be interested in:
- Teresa Giudice Hosts Book Signing In Glassboro
- Officers Save A Life In Montgomery County
- Soldier Comes Home And Surprises Son At School During Fake Assembly
- Tattoo Convention Underway This Weekend In Philadelphia
- Couples Say ‘I Do’ At Senior Living Community’s Vow Renewal Ceremony