PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A SEPTA employee was struck by a train Monday afternoon in Center City, SEPTA officials said.
Officials say the male employee was hit by a train traveling eastbound near 22nd and Market Streets.
The employee was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital. There is no word on his condition or the extent of his injuries.
SEPTA officials say the employee was working on the SEPTA trolley tunnel project. The trolley lines run parallel to the Market-Frankford Line in this area.
Shuttle buses were operating on the Market-Frankford Line, but normal train service has since resumed in both directions.
You may also be interested in:
- Arnold Palmer’s Legacy Lives On In Delaware Valley
- Weekend Box Office: ‘Magnificent Seven’ Is No. 1
- Facebook, Twitter Facing Off During Presidential Debate
- Clinton Campaign Invites Philadelphia Activist To Debate
- Philadelphia Art Teacher Singled Out For Statewide Honor