PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A SEPTA employee was struck by a train Monday afternoon in Center City, SEPTA officials said.
Officials say the male employee was hit by a train traveling eastbound near 22nd and Market Streets.
The employee was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital. There is no word on his condition or the extent of his injuries.
SEPTA officials say the employee was working on the SEPTA trolley tunnel project. The trolley lines run parallel to the Market-Frankford Line in this area.
Shuttle buses were operating on the Market-Frankford Line, but normal train service has since resumed in both directions.
You may also be interested in:
- Black Friday Madness A Game For Some
- Liver Transplant Recipient Shown Comfort At The Gift Of Life House Pays It Forward For Thanksgiving
- PPA Offers Free And Discounted Parking For Philadelphia Shoppers During Holiday Season
- Airlines Hoping To Woo Customers Invest In More Entertainment Options
- Uber Offers Breathalyzer Kiosk, Free Rides In Manayunk On Thanksgiving Eve