PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — It may not be the highlight you’d expect to see in Michael Carter-Williams’ reel, but it may be the most interesting of them all. The Sixers point guard hit a home run on Sunday off of basketball legend Magic Johnson.
The two point guards took part in the Jeffrey Osborne Celebrity Softball Classic over the weekend. The game took place in Pawtucket, RI and served as a fundraiser for the Osborne Foundation and the Pawtucket Red Sox Charitable Trust. Johnson and Carter-Williams were two of the nearly 50 athletes and celebrities to take part in the charity game.
Carter-Williams got his opportunity to stand in against Johnson and he did not let his chance go to waste. He even shared the moment with us via his Instagram account.
Johnson was a good sport about the home run and posed for a picture with Carter-Williams that the young point guard will cherish forever.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Several Eagles Join Team That Helps NFL Players Manage Money
- Penn Women’s Hoops Visits St. John’s In WNIT 2nd Round
- Carson Wentz Posts Video Throwing Football While Wearing Brace
- Report: Eagles To Open 2018 Season Vs. Vikings On Thursday Night
- Simmonds Scores 2 Goals, Helps Lift Flyers Past Capitals 6-3