CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored two goals and the Philadelphia Union beat Montreal 2-1 on Saturday night, handing the Impact a seventh straight loss.
Le Toux has four goals in his last four games and 10 overall this season Philadelphia (6-8-9).
Montreal (3-14-5) has conceded multiple goals in six consecutive matches and hasn’t won since June 29 against Houston.
Le Toux intercepted a defender’s header to the goalkeeper in the 12th minute and touched it home to open the scoring. He left-footed a goal in traffic in the 63rd minute, catching goalkeeper Troy Perkins diving the wrong way. Le Toux also had a shot sail just over the crossbar two minutes later.
Montreal’s Andres Romero played a ball over the top of Philadelphia’s defense and Maxim Tissot redirected it inside the post in the 79th minute.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Aaron Nola Placed On 10-Day DL
- Falcons Wide Receiver Mohamed Sanu Shares Heartwarming Note From Fans
- Always Be Looking For Fast Starters In Fantasy Baseball’s First Month
- Eagles First-Round Mock Draft
- Carter Usowski Savoring Time On Diamond For Ursinus
- Draft Rumors: Eagles ‘Very Interested’ In Joe Mixon
- Draft Rumors: Christian McCaffrey ‘Doesn’t Get Past’ Carolina
- Next Phase Of NFL Draft Road Closures Begins Monday Night
- Phillies Hit 3 Straight Homers, Beat Braves 5-2 For Sweep
- Franco’s 2-Run Single In 10th Lifts Phillies Over Braves 4-3