CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Sebastien Le Toux scored two goals and the Philadelphia Union beat Montreal 2-1 on Saturday night, handing the Impact a seventh straight loss.
Le Toux has four goals in his last four games and 10 overall this season Philadelphia (6-8-9).
Montreal (3-14-5) has conceded multiple goals in six consecutive matches and hasn’t won since June 29 against Houston.
Le Toux intercepted a defender’s header to the goalkeeper in the 12th minute and touched it home to open the scoring. He left-footed a goal in traffic in the 63rd minute, catching goalkeeper Troy Perkins diving the wrong way. Le Toux also had a shot sail just over the crossbar two minutes later.
Montreal’s Andres Romero played a ball over the top of Philadelphia’s defense and Maxim Tissot redirected it inside the post in the 79th minute.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hoskins’ 4 RBIs Lead Phillies Over Dodgers 6-2
- Top Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups For Week 3
- Here’s The Play Ezekiel Elliott Quit On
- Temple A Tough Thursday Night Test At USF
- Ex-Boxer David Bey Killed In Construction Accident
- Ursinus Bears Savoring 3-0 Start
- SEC Football Report: Florida Tops Tennessee On Hail Mary
- Bulls Hire Doug Collins
- Chris Long Will Donate First 6 Game Checks To Fund Scholarships In Charlottesville
- Eagles Fans Bring ‘Run The Ball’ Sign To NovaCare Complex