By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia police are searching for the heartless thug who was caught on tape stealing money from an elderly woman using an ATM.
The incident happened at about 10:20 a.m. on August 3rd at an ATM located outside the Wells Fargo Bank branch in the 5100 block of Frankford Avenue.
WATCH: Surveillance Video
The video shows the suspect lurking behind the 64-year-old victim as she was withdrawing money.
The suspect stood behind the victim and looked around before he made his move. As the victim retrieved the money from the ATM, the suspect violently snatched the money from her hand and ran off.
During the struggle, the victim injured her shoulder. She was taken to Aria Health Frankford Hospital for treatment and later released.
It was not disclosed how much money the suspect stole.
The suspect is described as a black male, 5’8”-5’10”, 175-185 lbs., with a medium build. He was wearing a white a t-shirt and black shorts.
Anyone with information on the suspect is urged to call 911 or 215.686.TIPS (8477).
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Philly Coffee Shop Selling ‘Sh*thole Blend’ To Help Local Immigrants
- Former USA Gymnastics Doctor’s Victims Recount Sex Abuse As Young Gymnasts
- Delaware State And Local Officials Sued Over Education Funding
- Dunkin’ Donuts Unveils New Look Of Stores
- Nestle Selling Nearly $3 Billion Worth Of US Candy Brands To Nutella Company