PHILADELPHIA (AP/CBS) — Bartolo Colon pitched eight innings for his 200th career victory, Travis d’Arnaud homered and the New York Mets held on for a 5-4 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday night.
Daniel Murphy recorded his fifth straight multihit game with two singles for the Mets, who have won 10 of their last 11 games in Philadelphia. New York has outscored Philadelphia 63-32 during those contests.
Marlon Byrd homered, Grady Sizemore drove in two runs late in the ninth as the Phillies closed a four run gap down to one. Hot-hitting Ben Revere had two of the Phillies’ nine hits. Revere is batting a major league-best .388 since June 26.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Phillies Improve To 8-1 At Home With 6-2 Win Over Pirates
- Sixers Top Heat 106-102, Simmons 1st Rookie To Record Playoff Triple-double Since Magic Johnson
- Taxpayers To Pay More Than Half Of $2.27M Eagles Championship Parade Bill
- Herrera Go-Ahead Triple Gets Phillies Win Over Pirates 2-1
- Heat’s Justise Winslow Fined $15,000 For Stepping On Joel Embiid’s Mask