Late Rally Falls Short As Mets Top Phillies 5-4
PHILADELPHIA (AP/CBS) — Bartolo Colon pitched eight innings for his 200th career victory, Travis d’Arnaud homered and the New York Mets held on for a 5-4 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday night.
Daniel Murphy recorded his fifth straight multihit game with two singles for the Mets, who have won 10 of their last 11 games in Philadelphia. New York has outscored Philadelphia 63-32 during those contests.
Marlon Byrd homered, Grady Sizemore drove in two runs late in the ninth as the Phillies closed a four run gap down to one. Hot-hitting Ben Revere had two of the Phillies’ nine hits. Revere is batting a major league-best .388 since June 26.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Howard Scores Career-High 18, Penn Beats Dartmouth 58-51
- Carter-Williams Leads Sixers Past Timberwolves 103-94
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- 76ers Host Thad Young And The Timberwolves Tonight
- Philly Soccer Show: Union Rookie Wants To Play As Team Prepares For 2015 Campaign