By Matt Rivers
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — In the wake of a brutal crime, there’s so much confusion over how it could have happened.
“[Keith] was not a monster,” said Kathy Corrigan, Christina Belajona’s aunt. “He was good to Chrissy and he was good to the kids as long as we knew him.”
But that changed Thursday morning in Drexel Hill, when police say Keith Belajonas shot and stabbed his wife Christina inside their home, killing her in front of their two small children.
“Shock, disbelief and just fear for the children,” said Corrigan.
The Belajonas had two boys, just four and five years old, who their dad took with him after the murder as he sped towards Staten Island.
He left them at a CVS Pharmacy, drove a few blocks and took his own life.
“They’re young, they’re aware of what happened, but we’re not sure how much they actually comprehend,” said Corrigan.
They say they’re not sure they can comprehend any of it themselves. In the meantime, they remember.
“She was a lovely young woman, always working hard, trying to do the best she could for her children working two jobs,” said Corrigan.
The two boys will now likely live with their grandparents, facing a future their family hopes won’t be haunted by their past.
“Just keep the kids in your prayers,” said Corrigan. “They need all they can get.”
A donation site has been set up for the two boys. If you would like to donate, click here: http://www.gofundme.com/cpahx4
You may also be interested in these stories:
- CBS 3 Gets Rare Access Into Life-Saving 21-Day Flight Attendant Training Program
- Police: 72-Year-Old Woman Found Bound In Closet 4 Days After Being Assaulted, Robbed
- GOP-Sponsored Bill Blocks Over $1 Billion In Funding To Pennsylvania Sanctuary Cities
- Judge Rules Jury For Cosby Trial Will Be Picked From Another County
- 4 Dead, 2 Injured After Plane Hits Houses In California