EAST WINDSOR, NJ (CBS) – A 30-year-old middle school teacher has been arrested on attempted luring charges.
Officials in Burlington County say the teacher, Patrick N. McGwier, taught the girl, who is now 15, when she was a student in eighth grade at Memorial Middle School in Willingboro.
McGwier, of East Windsor, apparently used social media and expressed an interest in pursuing a relationship with the student. The victim’s family then contacted law enforcement about McGwier’s actions and an investigation ensued.
During that investigation, a detective posed as the teenage victim online and set up a meeting with McGwier at a location in Willingboro on August 7th.
When McGwier arrived, he was arrested by officers from the Willingboro Township Police Department.
McGwier is currently being held in Burlington County Jail on $100,000 full bail.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ADHD Drug Use In Pregnancy Increases Risk Of Heart Defects, Study Finds
- Delaware Officials Announce First Flu-Related Death Of 2017-18 Season
- Gov.-Elect Phil Murphy Names His Pick For New Jersey’s Treasury
- Cosmo DiNardo May Still Face Death Penalty In Bucks County Murders
- Rock Hall 2018 Class: Nina Simone, Bon Jovi, The Moody Blues And More