EAST WINDSOR, NJ (CBS) – A 30-year-old middle school teacher has been arrested on attempted luring charges.
Officials in Burlington County say the teacher, Patrick N. McGwier, taught the girl, who is now 15, when she was a student in eighth grade at Memorial Middle School in Willingboro.
McGwier, of East Windsor, apparently used social media and expressed an interest in pursuing a relationship with the student. The victim’s family then contacted law enforcement about McGwier’s actions and an investigation ensued.
During that investigation, a detective posed as the teenage victim online and set up a meeting with McGwier at a location in Willingboro on August 7th.
When McGwier arrived, he was arrested by officers from the Willingboro Township Police Department.
McGwier is currently being held in Burlington County Jail on $100,000 full bail.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Local Officials Urge ‘No’ Vote On GOP’s New Health Insurance Plan
- NJ Rabbis Launch Campaign To Counter Threats Against Jewish Community
- New Veterinary Clinic In Lawncrest Aims To Provide Lost Cost Pet Care
- Police: Young Child Found Dead Inside Home
- Woman Claims Nail Salon Hung Sign Saying Overweight Customers Will Be Charged More