EAST WINDSOR, NJ (CBS) – A 30-year-old middle school teacher has been arrested on attempted luring charges.
Officials in Burlington County say the teacher, Patrick N. McGwier, taught the girl, who is now 15, when she was a student in eighth grade at Memorial Middle School in Willingboro.
McGwier, of East Windsor, apparently used social media and expressed an interest in pursuing a relationship with the student. The victim’s family then contacted law enforcement about McGwier’s actions and an investigation ensued.
During that investigation, a detective posed as the teenage victim online and set up a meeting with McGwier at a location in Willingboro on August 7th.
When McGwier arrived, he was arrested by officers from the Willingboro Township Police Department.
McGwier is currently being held in Burlington County Jail on $100,000 full bail.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Construction Firm Breaking Racial Barriers, Defying The Odds
- Study: Heart Disease Risk Linked To Pace Of Your Walk
- Florida Legislature Rejects Weapons Ban With Massacre Survivors En Route To Capitol
- Bridging The Divide: Clergy Meets For Multi-Faith Retreat, Dialogue
- Nonprofit Reduces Care Packages Sent To Military Personnel After Postal Price Hike