Man Dressed In Muslim Garb Attempts To Rob Northeast Philly Bank
By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are searching for a male who attempted to rob a Northeast Philadelphia bank while wearing Muslim garb.
The incident happened Wednesday at the Wells Fargo Bank branch on Castor Avenue in the city’s Oxford Circle section.
According to investigators, the male suspect, dressed in Muslim garb, entered the bank and presented a teller with a threatening demand note.
After failing to obtain any money, the suspect ran out of the bank and was last seen on Magee Avenue.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 5’6” tall with a thin build. He was wearing Muslim garb.
Anyone with information on the suspect is urged to call 911 or 215.686.TIPS (8477).
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Facebook Introduces New Feature To Help Prevent Suicide
- Internet Activists Use Grumpy Cat In Aerial Jab At Comcast
- Pa. Among Top 10 States With The Worst Taxes For The Average American
- Dog On The Tracks Disrupts SEPTA Service To 69th Street Station
- Study: Super-long Eyelashes Might Be Pretty, But They Could Be Harmful To Your Eyes